Welcome to the Home Page of WHDLoad, the AmigaOS
Harddisk-Install package. WHDLoad makes it possible to install quite a lot
demos and games, which were originally designed to run only from floppy
disks, to your harddisk.
There are different versions of the WHDLoad package. The USR package
contains the documentation and all programs which are required to use
WHDLoad installs. The DEV package contains all files from the
USR package plus addtional programs, sources and support files.
The DEV package is the right choice if you want to create
installs for yourself. The USR small package contains a reduced
set of documentation languages (only DE, EN, ES, FR, IT and PL). Besides
that it is identical to the USR package.
The packages are provided in LhA and LZX (requires
this Y2K fix!)
- 2015-01-24 improved: Escape from Colditz (Digital Magic Software) default QuitKey changed (Info)
- 2015-01-15 new: Cyber Games (Cyberpunk Developments) done by Wepl (Info,Image)
- 2015-01-07 improved: Fast Brain (7Q Real Fiction Factory) fixed loading on some configs (Info,Image)
- 2015-01-06 updated: Nobby the Aardvark (Genesis/Thalamus) slave name corrected (Info,Image)
- 2015-01-03 updated: Night Hunter (UBI-Soft) some install cleanup (Info)
- 2015-01-03 new: Ghost Chaser (Byte Back) done by Abaddon (Info)
- 2015-01-03 new: Gadgets Lost In Time (ESP) done by Abaddon (Info)
- 2015-01-03 new: Cyber Cop (Energize/Impressions) done by Abaddon (Info)
- 2015-01-03 improved: Crackdown (U.S.Gold) fixed keypad support, more icons added (Info)
- 2015-01-03 new: Robot Readers: Aesop's Fables (Hilton Android) done by Abaddon (Info)
- 2015-01-02 fixed: Moonfall (21st Century Entertainment) gamesave support restored (Info)
- 2014-12-24 improved: Phantasie 3: The Wrath of Nikademus (SSI) fixed crashes, protection removed, new icons (Info)
- 2014-12-15 new: Fast Brain (7Q Real Fiction Factory) done by Don Adan (Info,Image)
- 2014-12-15 improved: Nobby the Aardvark (Genesis/Thalamus) freeze at level 6 fixed (Info,Image)
- 2014-12-15 fixed: Delta Command - Arcadia (Arcadia Systems) music replay improved (Info,Image)
- 2014-12-09 New WHDLoad V18.0 released, some fixes and minor new features, have fun...
Currently in work
the following demos and games are currently in work and may be
finished/released in some time
- Alfabet Smierci AGA (Arte), 99% complete ( install to make ) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Alfabet Smierci ECS (Arte), start 2015-01-15 Asman
- American Poker (Mirage), 60% complete (still try remove double protection, hard) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Apidya (Play Byte), ready: 0%; fix music problems 2011-12-22 John Girvin
- Apple Hunt 1.0 (Ecthelion), 99% complete ( install to make ) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Arabian night, add trainer for CD32 version 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Arena (Psygnosis), Looking into snoop errors 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Armalyte (Thalamus), 99% Complete 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Atlantyda (Mirage Software), 50% complete 2015-01-15 Asman
- Bagitman (Bignonia), adding joystick emulation and support for custom gfx ( going hard, resource of game 85% complete ) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Bargon attack (Coktel vision), crash in deep sea shoot them up to fix/perhpas memory detection routine to fix,.. a nightmare 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Bart VS The World (Virgin), 99% Complete (CD32 pad support) - Testing 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Bermuda Project (Mirrorsoft), 95% complete (testing game - lots of faults!) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Bone Cruncher (Superior), 80% complete (need some beta testing) 2011-12-22 Puppe
- Bubble Ghost (Accolade), 99% complete (install script to finish) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Bundesliga Manager Hattrick (Software 2000/Kron), 80% complete (manual protection to remove) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Cap'n Carnage (Energize (Impressions)), 80% Complete 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Capone, another version to support 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Centerbase: Science-Fiction Simulation (reLINE), 50% complete, removing OS stuff 2014-03-30 Psygore
- Chambers Of Shaolin CDTV (Thalion), 80% complete (halted) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Champion of the Raj (P.S.S.), 80% complete, protection needs to be disabled 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Count Duckula II (Alternative), 10% Complete 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Danger Freak (Rainbow Arts), 80% complete (crashes during game) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Dark Castle (Mirrorsoft), just starting 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Das Stundenglas (Software 2000), 90% finished, playtesting to do (protection needs to appear) and install package to do 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Deep Space (Psygnosis), 50% complete - snoop errors fixed - reworking install 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Delirium (Complex), 50% complete, Zoomlens and Endpart left to fix 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Demolition (Anco/Kingsoft), 90% Complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Demon Blue (MicroValue), 99% Complete (CD32 pad support) - Testing 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Dragon Lord (Palace Software), 80% Complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Dragons of Flame (SSI), 80% complete 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Earl Weaver Baseball (Electronic Arts), 80% complete, timing problems to fix 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Earl Weaver Baseball (EOA), 95% complete 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Electronic Pool (Microdeal), 20% complete 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Exile AGA/CD32 (Audiogenic), 90% complete - AGA savegames done - CD32 to do 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Exile AGA (Audiogenic), 70% Complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Exit 3D (Exit), 20% complete 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Footman (Topdown Development), 85% complete 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Fort Apache (Impressions), 85% complete 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Future Classics Collection (Live Studios), 100% complete (COMPLETED) 2011-12-22 Musashi5150
- Gazza's Super Soccer (Empire), 70% complete 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Ghost Chaser (Byte Back), 70% Complete - On Hold 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Guardian (Vision), 95% complete (thanks to Jeff for new OSEmu!!!) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Gulp CD32, 80% complete (halted, how to enter the passwords?) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Hammerfist (Vivid), CD32 pad controls, minor clean-up, v17 custom controls 50% 2013-07-05 Hungry Horace
- Hardwired (TSL/Crionics), 40% complete, complete rework, problem with black screen in glenz vector part finally fixed! 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Hoi (Hollyware), 50% complete 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Hot Music 1 (Ram Jam), 100% complete (finished) 2012-12-16 Dr Cinicus
- International Soccer Challenge (MicroStyle), 60% complete 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Jimmy Willburne, synchro pb to fix=> access fault ('casse-brique' in french) 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Joan of Arc (Chip), 95% finished, bitplane wipe effect doesn't appear and needs to be fixed other than that the patch is finished 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Kick Off 3 AGA (Anco), 98% complete, problem with a corrupted file to fix 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Kid Gloves II (Millennium), 99% Complete - Testing 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- L'uomo ragno/Spiderman 1/Il Ritorno Di Hobgoblin (Simulmondo), ///95% just translation to do 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- L'uomo ragno/Spiderman 2/E Ora, Carnage! (Simulmondo), 95% just translation to do 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- L'uomo ragno/Spiderman 3/Destino Incrociato! (Simulmondo), 95% just translation to do 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Last Soldier (Mirage), 90% complete ( install to make ) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Legend (Mindscape), Massive clean-up, fixes, CD32 controls etc 10% 2013-07-05 Hungry Horace
- Manchester United: The Double (Krisalis), 99,9% complete, install package needs to be created 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Mega Demo 3 (North Star&Fairlight), 90% complete, OCS vs. ECS related bugs to fix 2014-03-24 StingRay
- MegArts Hockey (MegArts), 70% complete (translations need adjusting compared to Cross Check) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Moebius Goatlizard (Black Jet), 70% complete (programmer is releasing a new version shortly based on bugs found while writing the install) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Mortal Weapon (Mirage), just start 2015-01-15 Asman
- Nibble Niblly (Gabriele Roncolato), 95% (do gui in mui, for keyboard customization, write install) 2015-01-15 Asman
- No Buddies Land (Expose Software), ready: 0%; fix music problems 2011-12-22 John Girvin
- Outlands (Pandora), 70% complete 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Pacman 87 (Steve Jacobs), 99% complete (trying save space disk) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Pango (Proxxima Software), 50% complete 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Putty (System 3), 25% (Replacement RawDIC ripper done, adding support for 4 versions) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Reach for the Skies (Rowan/Virgin), 90% complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Robbeary (Anco), 10% complete 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Robozone (Imageworks), 95% complete - trainer/package to do 2011-12-22 DJ Mike
- Rogue Trooper (Krisalis), trainer/decrunch added, fixed protection bug in level 5 2011-12-22 Bored Seal
- Rolling Thunder (US Gold), 20% 2015-01-15 Asman
- S.D.I. (Activision), 95% complete (packaging and icons to do) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Sabre Team AGA (Krisalis), 85% complete (saves to do) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- SCi-Fi (digital magic), 90% package to do/ slow down with BLT fix to debug 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Screaming Wings (Red Rat), 90% complete (speed-up/slow down problems) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Space Ranger, 90% complete 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Speed (Sim Prod.), 95% finished, timing problems to fix (needs to be slowed down to disk speed) 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Spidertronic (ERE Informatique), 50% complete (game works but editing functions don't) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- Spirit of Excalibur (Virgin), 50% complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Stadt der L÷wen (Software 2000), 90% complete, CDTV version to support, gfx bug in title screen to fix 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Starflight 2 (Electronic Arts), 80% complete, testing and install package to do 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Starflight (Electronic Arts), 80% complete, testing and install package to do 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Steve Davis World Snooker (Artworx), 90% complete, needs 1MB at the moment due to memory allocation bugs 2014-03-24 StingRay
- StrikeFleet (Lucas Arts), 90% complete (trying save space disk) 2015-01-15 Asman
- Super SkidMarks / SkidMarks 2 (floppy) (Acid), 50% complete (disk format OK) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Super Stardust CD32 (Team 17), 90% complete (halted) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- SWOS (Sensible Software), 99% Complete - Enhancements and updates 2014-11-29 Galahad
- The 3 Stooges, other versions to add 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- The Scene 2 (Abel), 60% complete (fixing keyboard handler) 2012-12-16 Dr Cinicus
- Toobin (Domark/Tengen), 99% Complete (CD32 pad support) 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Tower Of Babel (Rainbird), ready: 0%; update/rewrite; fix misc. problems 2011-12-22 John Girvin
- Turbo Trax (Microdeal), 95% complete (seems to play by itself!) 2014-01-07 Codetapper
- UFO (microprose), ecs version to add 2013-12-04 CFOU!
- Ugh! (Play Byte - Ego Software), reworked, adding joystick emulation, CD32 pad partial support added 2015-01-15 Asman
- Universal Intensity (Complex), 0% complete (starting) 2011-12-22 Musashi5150
- Vengeance of Excalibur (Virgin), 60% complete 2014-11-29 Galahad
- Venus The Flytrap (Gremlin), complete recode from scratch, 95% finished, currently working on this patch and fixing the last remaining problems 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Vision (Oxygene), 80% finished, now fixing the "french way of demo coding" (TM), i.e. fixing lots and lots of annoying SMC 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Whale's Voyage (Neo), 50% (CD32 version working) 2014-01-08 JOTD
- Willow (Mindscape), 20% complete, unplayable without Preload, too many OS swaps 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Wipe Out (Gonzo Games), 40% complete 2014-03-24 StingRay
- Wizard Warz (GO! (U.S. Gold)), 20% Complete - Lots of access faults 2011-12-22 Abaddon
- Zarathrusta (Hewson), 45% Complete (CD32 pad support) 2011-12-22 Abaddon
WHDLoad install authors are looking for the following ORIGINALS to
create or improve an install for it. If you own one of these games,
please contact the person given by the underlying link or
Please note that it is usually not required that you ship your
disks or cd's, because nearly all can be done via email.
Check here for more infos concerning creating and
sending images to install authors (thanks to
Codetapper for writing this text).
If the install does not work?
First, don't panic, don't swear at the install, don't swear at WHDLoad
and don't flame at forums or comp.sys.*.*. It's usually the fault of
the games or demos if they do not work and the install tries their best
to make them working on all hardware setups.
In fact all installs are written to work with an ORIGINAL,
that means that the install will usually not work with versions which has been
altered in any way.
Before sending a bug report, try yourself to solve the
problem. There are various things you can do:
Although all installs are tested before public release, a bug might have
escaped unnoticed. If you think you discovered a bug, write a detailed
report of your problem to the author of the install. For this use the
bug report form which can be accessed if you click on the author on the
download pages. Or submit a report in the
Mantis Bugtracker. Try to report your problem accurate. If you get an error
requester by WHDLoad please also make a CoreDump (just press the CoreDump
button on the requester WHDLoad shows) and attach the .whdl_register
file to the issue made in the Mantis Bugtracker.
Problems reported via the form on the download pages will be imported some days
later to the Mantis Bugtracker.
During that process an user account for the reporter will be created (if
not already present). All further communication regarding the report
should then happen via the bug tracker so that the relevant informations
can be preserved.
- check the version of the install and WHDLoad, make sure that you are
using the latest versions of both, many installs require the latest
WHDLoad version, also installs will be updated from time to time - so
check if there is an new one available
- check the Tooltypes (or the options if started from the CLI/Shell), many
things can be adjusted setting Tooltypes, there is hardware which requires that
you set the correct Tooltypes, maybe your system is to fast - so set NoCache, some games
are working only under PAL or NTSC - so try the Tooltypes PAL and NTSC, some extra
hardware creates at random interrupts which confuses the installed games/demo -
so try Tooltype NoAutoVec,
sometimes also the Tooltypes NoResInt and NoMMU may help
- read the readme or other documentation supplied with the
install, it often contains important information concerning the install,
its using and its limitations
Please note: if the authors aren't informed about bugs they can't correct them.
Note also, that the reasons for problems are often an different
version of the game/demo. Many commercial games have been sold in more
than one version (full-price-release, budget-re-release,
coverdisk-release, PAL/NTSC version, ...). Of course a install can only
work if it has been written for the version you have. If you have a
different version of the same game, it won't work. In that case, you
have to contact the author of the install and ask him to support your
If you have a general problem with WHDLoad or in the case that a lot
of installs are not working correctly, please submit a report for WHDLoad in the
Choose WHDLoad as the project and include you system environment specification
as best as possible.
Best viewed with any Browser. If you have problems, suggestions, new slaves
please contact me.
last change : 2015-01-24
© 1996-2015 Bert Jahn, All Rights Reserved