THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Abandoned Places 2" © 1993 ICE Ltd.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0 (16.07.06) done by JOTD:
- unprotected version supported (Thanks to Luca for testing)
- rewritten install script & readme file
- Convenient install script (with help by Dr.Zarkov, many thanks to him)
- Stackframe error fixed to allow game to run on 68020+
- Keyboard handshake problem fixed
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- NewIcon (created by Dr.Zarkov)
- Doc file included
version 1.1 (01.07.06) done by JOTD:
- protection enabled again (too many checksums), protection file included
(only protected version supported ATM)
version 1.0 (2002?)
- WHDLoad release
- protection removed
- doc file included
version 0.x (1998)
- DOS fix only, protection still there
* Thanks to Dr Zarkov for hacking bits of my Monkey2 install & my old
AP2 DOS fix to create a first working version (I missed the savegame
stuff, and thus I got unexplainable access faults), and for the cool
* I don't like RPGs but this one was easy (and interesting) to fix,
and asked by a cool guy so...