THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Archon 2: Adept" © 1986 Electronic Arts.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.1 (29.02.2016)
- adapted for WHDLoad 16
- reworked readme & install script
version 1.0 (2002) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- source code included
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad + KickEmu
- Game does not need on-board kickstart 1.x to run anymore
- Convenient install script
- Disk protection now fully removed (tough work)
- Quit key (default: F10, or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Instructions included
- Nice icon by Chris Vella
- Should support original version and cracked versions
- This one was tough, and time consuming. I hope you'll appreciate it.
- Don't ask me for other early EOA titles such as Archon, Arctic Fox,
One On One, ... as I'm planning to fix them anyway.
- Tested on A1200/68060, plain A1200/68020, A2000/68030, A4000/060
If you've got trouble, try setting NOCACHE or/and NOMMU
Thanks go to:
- Derek Noomburg for the old Marble Madness patch. I had a hunch that
this would be the same problem, and it was.
- CAPS team for technical advice on the game execution
- Bert Jahn for WHDLoad and KickEmu
- Hidehiko Ogata for original disk image
- LockPick for the floppy crack I had to adapt because it needed the
disk in the drive
- Chris Vella for nice icon
- LSD for documentation