;--- Battle Squadron HD install V1.7
This installer requires the original Battle Squadron disk. It supports both
PAL and NTSC version.
You have to install WHDLoad first.
V1.7 by Psygore (23.02.2019)
- Joystick 3rd button supported, it will pause the game
- Set CUSTOM2 = 1 for doing the nova missile only with the 2nd button
(the 2nd button must be pressed first before)
- Set CUSTOM3=1 to detect automatically if a joystick/pad or mouse is
connected on port 0 or 1 (no need to set your control type in menu)
- Set CUSTOM4 = 1 to skip the blitter wait patch
- Install script updated
V1.6.1 by Psygore (03.08.2011)
- unused data in ws_config removed
V1.6 by Psygore (24.07.2011)
- Slave requires whdload 17+
- GFX flickering fixed (ship/ennemies) - issue #1912
- CD32 joypad supported (player 1 & 2)
- BoxIcons added
- Manual included
CD32 joypad keys:
in menu: - F1 = GREEN, F2 = YELLOW, F3 = REVERSE,
- F4 = FORWARD, F5 = BLUE, spacebar = PLAY
in game: - BLUE : nova missile
- PLAY : pause (then GREEN to toggle on/off autofire, YELLOW to switch
50/60hz, REVERSE+FORWARD to enable cheat mode, keep REVERSE down and
press PLAY to return to the menu)
- REVERSE+FORWARD+PLAY : quit the game (must be pressed at least 1 s.)
V1.5 by Psygore (13.05.2004)
- New install script
- Nice icons (created by Frank) and Exoticon included
- Slave reworked
- Stack moved in fastram
- Uses RawDIC to create files (with track checksum)
- Snoop bug removed
- Decruncher (BOND) relocated in fastmem (quit with a message error if
checksum is wrong)
- Joystick 2nd button used to do the nova missile
- Unpacked files can be packed as data with Propack or FImp
- In tooltypes, CUSTOM1=1 to convert pal version to ntsc
- You can reset hiscores by deleting 'LODSCO'
- Quit with '*' (PrtSc)
Use the following keys:
TAB : to swith between 50/60hz
CTRL : to toggle on/off autofire (if autofire is on, just move your joystick in
a circle to release the nova missile)
Re-install the game or copy all files "LO*" into the data dir.
V1.4 - Slave now fully pc-relative
- Exit key changed to Numl
V1.3 - Bugfix in NTSC Highscore saving
V1.2 - NTSC version support
- Uses 'The Patcher' for file creation
- Highscore saving added [registered users only]
I set the number of players to default one. No big deal, I just wanted to
mention it. ;)
Cheat: Typing CASTOR while playing will cause the screen to flash green. Now
you are immortal and can use F1-F10 for weapon selection.
Thanks to Sophocles Metsis for sending me the NTSC version & bug report.
Turn your stereo to maximum volume while playing and get the real arcade
feeling with this great game from 1989!
Battle Squadron is copyright by Innerprise Sorftware, Inc., distributed by
European Electronic Zoo.
- Gfx errors fixed
- Highscore saving [registered users only]
- Return to OS (Numl)
Download the latest version and more game or demo installers at
;--- GORE DESIGN - RIDE HARD, DIE FREE!
Greetings to all members of the whdload family...wepl, harry, mr. larmer and
all the others. Special hello to my pal Flynn! =)
_____________________ STAY CLEAR CIVILIAN... ____________________ / / /_
/ / /
Dark Angel of Gore Design ____ / / /
e-mail: email@example.com \ \/ / /
________________________________________ powered by AMIGA \ \ \/ /_____