THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Blastar" © 1993 Core Design
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num 'Help' (key can be changed with
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (10.12.17) done by StingRay:
- writes to FMODE disabled
- keyboard interrupt fixed
- lots of Bplcon0 color bit fixes
- blitter waits added
- problem with in-game keys feature fixed (issue #886, issue #2112)
- WHDLoad v17+ features used (config)
version 2.0 (03.12.04) done by JOTD
- fully rewrite of slave, readme & install in WHDLoad standards
- keyboard fully fixed (not a piece of cake!)
- fastmem enabled
- access fault fixed in introduction
- CUSTOM1=1 skips introduction (loads fast!!)
- CUSTOM2=1 enables in-game cheat keys (otherwise disabled)
- source code included
version 1.2 (2002) done by JOTD:
- initial WHDLoad release
- Original in-game keys activated (levelskip, weapons)
- Keyboard fixed
- WHDLoad: quitkey quits the game (only during game)
- Removes copy-protection check
- Nice icons, by Frank, and exoticons
version 1.x (1997) done by JOTD:
- initial JST release (removes copylock and that's all)
IN-GAME KEYS (thanx to Sweetcheater):
'1'-'9', '0', '-', '=', '\\', 'BACKSPACE'__________Select stage.
'Q', 'W', 'E', 'R', 'T', 'Y'______________________Select stage.
'UP CURSOR'____________________________Add power to life meter.
'DOWN CURSOR'___________________Subtract power from life meter.
'LEFT CURSOR'___________________________________Subtract speed.
'RIGHT CURSOR'_______________________________________Add speed.
'HELP'______________________________________________Quit to WB.