Short: HD-Installer for Castle Kingdoms V1.1
Author: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com), ICQ: 26051687
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requires: WHDLoad 10, 512k chip mem
This patch applies to "Castle Kingdoms" (c) 1997 Mutation Software - 1 disk.
Thanks to Adrian Simpson for the original. You can also download the game
from Back to the Roots (http://www.back2roots.org/)
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+ and XFDDecrunch (Aminet).
- Game requires 512k chip mem (+0.8Mb other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- Snoop bugs removed
- RomIcon, NewIcon and GlowIcon (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is '*' on keypad)
- Press 'P' to pause the game and press and hold 'A', 'R', 'C'. While
still holding the keys press fire. The screen will flash letting
you know it worked. You will now have infinite keys and health and
the use 'F1' through 'F5' to skip to the corresponding level. Press
'F6' to skip to the ending.
- No longer requires 1Mb base memory - Don't believe everything the
programmer tells you in his readme! :)
- The original version was sent out as a test release but ended up on the
WHDLoad site without the install script. This missed out the vital bit of
information that you must decrunch the "Kingdoms" file with XFDDecrunch
before it will work! This is now fixed.
Some of you might say "Why a hard drive installer for this game when it
already has one?". The original doesn't work with all hard drives, it
forces you to install in one of 3 paths that it chooses, and it does not
quit. So I think it improves the original version enough to warrant an
Greetings to all Action members, my testing crew and the WHDLoad team!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: