THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Cruise For A Corpse / CroisiÃ¨re pour un cadavre" Â© 1991 Delphine
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.2 (21.11.2020) done by JOTD:
- added support for the NTSC/US Gold version (issue #0004861)
version 2.1-B (12.06.2016) done by JOTD:
- install script fixed for french version (issue #0002989)
(installing the game by hand won't work as startup-sequence must be modified)
version 2.1 (30.12.07) done by JOTD:
- other CPU dependent loops fixed (trashed intro sounds and in-game samples)
- division by zero crash fixed
- offical support for italian version
version 2.0 (29.12.07) done by JOTD:
- spanish version supported (4 versions supported now)
- complete slave rewrite for kickemu
- complete install script rewrite
- reworked crack (adapted the one of The Sparrows spanish group)
- access fault fixed
- source code included
- manual included
- solution included
- German version supported properly
- Music/sound better fixed
- 3 versions supported, but German version did not work
- first WHDLoad install
- JOTD crack
- JST install, protection not removed
- Carlo Pirri for testing and destroying and scanning his codewheel for me :)
- Juergen for the original disk images
- Skid Row for their crack, which did not work at all with OSEmu, and I had to
adapt it a lot.
- The Sparrows for their crack, which worked.
- Matthew Thompson for reporting the mouse problem with EZMouse PS/2 adapter
(now it should be OK since I dumped OSEmu)
- you'll have to reinstall the game to use 2.0 (or copy the "s" directory of disk 1 into "data")
- I removed my crack because it did not work on kickemu, only on OSEmu !
- There's still a sound issue at the beginning. Too bad :)