THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "DataStorm" © 1989 Visionary Design Technologies Inc.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (03.08.2008) done dy JOTD:
- removed checksum protections
- fixed another protection and now sound works !!! (after 5 1/2 years!)
- rewrote install script and readme
- fixed copperlists
- fixed all SNOOP accesses
- reduced memory usage
- source code included
version 1.1 (01.06.2001) done by JOTD:
- Convenient installer script
- Save/Load hiscores from HD
- Empty DBF loops fixed
- Nice icon by Chris Vella & Exoticons
- disk protection partially removed
version 1.0 done by JOTD
- initial JST release
- disable JIT or it will not work on WinUAE
- the protection was kind of weird. without WinUAE and the SPS image I would have
even a tougher time finding why it did not work. There are a lot of shitty
checksums and the CIAB_SDR trick.
- to reuse your old hiscore file, rename "datastorm.high" to "Highs"
- only 1 version (rerelease) is supported, the other isn't.