Short : HD-Installer for Dragons Breath - (c) 1990 Palace Software
Type : game/patch
Authors : Galahad / Scoopex (email@example.com)
This install applies to "Dragons Breath & Dragon Lord" © 1990 Palace Software/Outlaw
Slave requires WHDLoad V17+.
Game needs 0.5 MB Of Chipmem & 2.8MB of Fastmem (for preload option)
- Original release version PAL English (SPS 0072)
- Original release version PAL Deutshe (SPS 0821)
- Original release version PAL Francais (SPS 2388)
- Original release version PAL Deutsche (Silmarils Compilation / SPS 1272)
- Original release version PAL Italiana
- The US version "Dragon Lord" NTSC (SPS 3070)
- Original release version PAL Francais (with track disk portection)
version 1.0 done by Galahad:
- intitial release for SPS 0072
- Full Loading from HD
- Copy Protection removed (Document Check/Speedlocks/Encryption)
- "Piracy Is Theft" warning screen delay removed
- Access Faults fixed (x8)
- Installer and nice Icons by Frank!
- Audio Filter switched off
- Quit Option
version 1.1 done by Galahad:
- Supports Deutsche version (SPS 0821)
version 1.3 done by Galahad:
- English version Spells section bug fix
version 1.4 done by Galahad:
- Supports Francais version (only manual protection)
version 1.5 done by Galahad:
- Supports Deutsche version (Silmarils Compilation)
version 1.5 done by Galahad:
- Supports Italiana version
- Code check for registered users removed
version 2.0 (18.11.2022) done by CFou!:
- source code rewritten to use patch lists & included
(and to remove included cracked data in slave)
- supports DRAGON LORD (SPS 3070 / US NTSC)
- Decryption code rewritten to work on all CPU
- RawDIC imager used instead of DIC
(to fix DIC issue => impossible to skip protected track 158)
- QuitKey for 68000
- CFou's colored icons included
- new install script
version 2.1 (19.11.2022) done by CFou!:
- another french version supported (with track disk protection)
- John Regent for the English images
- Sven Matthiesen for the Deutsche images
- Irek Kloska for the second Deutsche images
- Diego Frattaruolo for the Italiana images
- Denis Lechevalier for the Francais images
- Angus Manwaring for not forgetting to hassle me to get this done.
It took a long while to track this bug down. It`s a totally illogical bug that
took me a LONG time to solve, but now, finally Dragons Breath will plague me no
At last! It is finally done! This has taken a long while to finally get
released. With its complex DOS system, OSEmu simply wasn't up to the job
of doing it, and individually patching every DOS call would have been futile.
After messing around with various warp files of the game, I finally got hold
of the original game and worked on the WHDLoad patch from that.
The protection system was quite competant and took a while to remove. In fact
its the one thing that stops an otherwise well coded game working!
How many times have we seen that?
The encrypted boot file routine is one of the stupidest routines I have EVER
seen in my life! Technically, it should have stopped the game working correctly
on an A5oo, how it worked, I simply don't know.
The imitation Copylocks (Speedlock) were a form of Trace vector decoder like Copylock
itself but with more basic results. The compilation versions didn't carry
this protection, only the first version releases.
The Document check was removed completely.
Thanks must goto Jeff for his suggestion on the disk swap problem. The disk
swap system for this game kept crashing the game if WHDLoad allowed more than
1 drive. Now, all disk swaps are handled externally of the game and the game
is also fooled into thinking its running from a Single drive system.
Big thanks to Frank for the speedy install before he goes on holiday, as
usual, the icons (all 6 of them!!) look great.
All Icons are Defaulted as NOCACHE. The reason is that in some areas,
the game runs too quickly with caches, but the game still works fine.
NOTE: Please don't bother using the Trilogy `cracked' version. It's a mess
and doesn't work properly.
This install simply would not have been possible had Bert Jahn not
written KickDOS, so thanks to him for his part in making Dragons Breath
finally available through WHDLoad.
Please support WHDLoad.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts"
and must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from an
A500 with tools like "GrabKick" or similar which can be found on Aminet.
If the image is the wrong version or altered in any way, WHDLoad will
quit with an appropriate error message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick343.lha" on Aminet.
Regards Galahad & CFou! on november 2022
|Install Archive Content Listing|