THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Final Fight" © 1991 Capcom
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
(There is a "low memory" 512k slave provided which only needs 0.5 MB chipmem and 0.5 MB othermem)
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
This installer requires the two original Final Fight disks. It supports two
versions. The original one and the KIXX re-release.
version 1.7 (02.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- added quitkey for 68000 machines (issue #0004203)
version 1.6 (21.07.2016) done by JOTD:
- removed remaining floppy drive access on KIXX version too
version 1.5 (02.07.2016) done by JOTD:
- removed remaining floppy drive access (SNOOP)
version 1.4 (06.06.2016) done by JOTD:
- 1MB slave provided: music during menu & fast character mirror supports
(needs reinstall or decrunching of the "final" executable in "data" directory)
- Install script rewritten from scratch
version 1.3 (29.02.2016) done by JOTD:
- now works on 68000 (access fault fix code introduced an odd address register value)
- files can be crunched using ProPack, Crunchmania, TPWM, Imploder
- installation subdir renamed to "data"
- source code included
version 1.2 (??) done by Gore Design:
- Support for KIXX re-release added. Thanks to Andrew Barker for sending me his original
- Icons changed
version 1.0 and 1.1 (??) done by Gore Design:
- Supports SPS version 1329
- Slave now fully pc-relative
- Exit key changed to Numl
- Access faults removed
- Disk protection removed
To activate cheat mode type SHERIFF FATMAN while pausing.
If you only have 512k chipmem and 24-bit expmem, you can use "FinalFight_512.slave" instead of the main one.
The game has a lot of issues with 32 bit memory, which explains it's better to remain on chipmem for high end machines.