THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Genesia" © 1993 Microids.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
*** PLEASE READ INSTALLATION NOTES *** (end of this text)
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4 (14.03.05)
- fixed a problem after configuration screen (privilege violation)
version 1.3 (23.09.04)
- changed IOCACHE and reassembled
- updated/uppercased 'notes' part of the readme for those who don't read it
and then get on my nerves
- sourcecode included
version 1.2 (14.06.03)
- adapted to WHDLoad v16
version 1.1 (22.06.03)
- barracks password protection now removed
- fixed disk requester on config disk
- BUTTONWAIT tooltype enable LMB wait on setup information screen
version 1.0 (07.06.03) done by JOTD:
- initial release, french & UK versions supported
- password protection removed on config disk
- config disk reboot -> starts game
- saves to HD with a reduced number of OS swaps
- nice icons by Frank & Exoticons
- manual included
- set CUSTOM1=1 to enable boot on configuration disk
*** INSTALLATION DETAILS & TROUBLESHOOTING *** PLEASE READ ***
1) Install USING THIS INSTALL SCRIPT
2) Run "Config" just after the install (CUSTOM1=1 settings or Config icon) AT LEAST ONCE
3) While in config disk boot, always answer: "game already installed" ('NO' answer)
or else you won't be able to save your games
4) When you save your games, always choose to save games to/from harddisk, NOT FLOPPY