GAME : Hard Drivin'
PUBLISHER: Tengen / Atari / Domark
SPSID : 0126 1239 1443
HOL : http://hol.abime.net/656
VERSION : 2.04
DATE : 06/2008
Requires an original copy of the game.
Five versions of the game are supported:
- Original Release
- TNT compilation (same disk as Toobin')
- Wheels Of Fire compilation (same disk as Chase HQ)
- ReSpray budget release
- Racing Masters compilation
At least three more versions of the game are known or suspected to exist
and may be incompatible with this patch:
- Action 5 compilation
- Summer Smashers compilation
- Sport Games Hits compilation
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THESE VERSIONS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH!
Requires 0.5Mb chip memory and 0.5Mb other memory.
Requires a Kickstart v34.5 image in DEVS:Kickstarts/kick34005.A500
and a copy of the file kick34005.A500.RTB in the same directory,
available from the archive util/boot/skick345.lha on aminet.
Requires version 16.5 or later of the WHDLoad package by Bert Jahn.
WHDLoad is available from:
Please consider registering WHDLoad or making a donation to help
support future development of more hard drive installers for your
favourite Amiga games and demos!
INSTALLING THE GAME
Extract all files in the release archive to your system.
Double click on the "Install" icon present in the extraction
directory and follow the instructions given by the Installer
The game will be installed to a directory you select on your
hard drive. You will be alerted if installation fails for any
reason, please contact the author if this happens.
PLAYING THE GAME
Open the game drawer created during installation and click on the
icon to start the game.
The following keys may be used while the game is running:
Q = abort the current race
ESC/F10 = quit game and return to Workbench
High scores are loaded and saved from hard disk.
The icon tooltype "CUSTOM2" controls the framerate adjustment feature.
If the game is running too quickly on you machine, increase the value
of this tooltype to slow it down. A value of 0 means maximum speed
(default), higher values mean slower speeds.
This product is free software
© 2001-2008 Halibut Software / John Girvin, All Rights Reserved.
No payment is required to use this product. If you have paid to
buy, rent, download or otherwise obtain or use this product in any
way you should contact the author immediately.
THE FULL TERMS OF THE LICENCE AGREEMENT MAY BE FOUND IN THE FILE
"LICENCE" WHICH MUST ACCOMPANY THIS DOCUMENT. IF THIS FILE IS NOT
PRESENT, CONTACT THE AUTHOR.
LICENCE BREACHES MAY CONSTITUTE COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT PUNISHABLE
UNDER RELEVANT LAW.
The licence terms in summary are as follows:
- You are free to copy and distribute this work under the
- you must give the original author credit
- you may not use this work for commercial purposes
- you may not alter, transform, or build upon this work
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to
others the licence terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission
from the author.
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by
E-Mail: girv [at] girv [dot] net
PGP KeyID: 0x84FDE50C
PGP or S/MIME signed/encrypted mail welcome.
DONATIONS: PayPal: payments [at] girv [dot] net
- first release
- fixed to run with fastram and caches
- fixed gear selection bug
- fixed access violation
- added high score loading/saving
- added framerate control
- added "abort game" key
- fixed file loading crash bug
- uses OSEmu 20010818
- version checks moved from installer script into slave
- miscellaneous installer script improvements
- fixed cpu dependent delay loops
- rewritten to use Kickstart emulation
- fixed blthog usage
- fixed access errors
- fixed more cpu dependent delay loops
- fixed self modifying graphics code
- WHDLoad v16.0 compatible
- uses standard release numbering system
- uses standard WHDLoad installer script
- supports TNT compilation version
- supports Wheels Of Fire compilation version
- supports ReSpray budget version
- supports Racing Masters compilation version
- upgraded installer script to latest version
- added some new icons
- requires WHDLoad v16.5+
- fixed crash bug when saving high scores (introduced with 2.03)
"Hard Drivin'" is © Tengen Inc. / Atari Games / Domark
WHDLoad is © Bert Jahn
Versions previous to 2.00 use OSEmu developed by Wepl, Harry, Jeff,
Mr. Larmer and others.
Versions from 2.00 onwards use Kickstart 1.3 emulation developed by
Wepl and Psygore.
Thanks to Carlo and others (who wish to remain nameless) for disk
images. Thanks to dflrsilver for finding the rare Racing Masters
Thanks to Jeff for reporting the CPU speed dependent loops in the
music replay routine and providing details of how to fix them.
Thanks to Codetapper for decrypting the CopyLock and decrunching code
while I was sick and had a broken Amiga.
Respect to Mr.Larmer/Wanted Team. I started this installer before I
realised he had already made one, but decided to finish and release
mine anyway since it was so far along.
;$VER: WHD_HardDrivin ReadMe 2.04 © 2001-2008 Halibut Software ;================================================================================