THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "James Pond - Underwater Agent" © 1990 Millenium, 1 disk.
Thanks to Chris Vella for re-release disk
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.1 (09.11.10) done by JOTD:
- added CUSTOM2 switch to remove blitter patches. Use it on slow machines only to speedup game
version 2.0 (14.03.05) done by JOTD:
- complete slave rewrite
- complete install rewrite
- support for original (MFM) version & re-release (DOS) version
- RawDIC imager adapted from Mr Larmer "The Blues Brothers" islave
- unneccessary delays removed
- keyboard timer fixed
- fast decrunch
- nasty blitter bugs fixed (now game works on all amigas & WinUAE without glitches!!)
- a zillion blitter waits inserted
- CUSTOM1=1 enables cheat keys & invincibility (TAB key is no more)
- copylock-like disk protection removed for MFM version
- highscores load/save to HD (saves only if CUSTOM1 is not set)
- SNOOP bugs removed
- QUITKEY also works for 68000 users (no need for VBR)
- lots of icons included
- source code included
version 1.1 (2001) done by JOTD:
- removed disk DMA access (thanks Bert)
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release, only supports re-release
- Blitter errors fixed (there were a lot)
- Hint file included
- Trainer: TAB toggles infinite lives CUSTOM5=1 (WHDload)
- Save scores (if trainer is off)
version 0.x (1997)
- JST release
- D: opens exit (press it twice)
- N: warps to level 8
- F6: PAL
- F7: NTSC
- ESC/numerical Enter: quit current game
This one was not easy because of all the problems (DMA, blitter, disk accesses,
disk format). Thanks to WHDLoad developper team, especially Bert & Girv for advice
on that point.
The MFM decoding was not a piece of cake either. But recently, as
I took the job to adapt another version of "The Blues Brothers" install by
Mr Larmer, I noticed that the track length of the Titus game was special: $1400
bytes, which is rather odd because custom formats are usually longer than DOS
tracks (DOS: $1600 bytes). I tried the imager on the James Pond warp file just
for fun and ... it worked!!! I just had to adapt the imager to the disk map.
A strange fact since both games (Blues Brothers & James Pond) are not linked by
coder or by company. (I heard that Thalion used this format too).