Short : HD-Installer for Loom
Type : game/patch
Author : JOTD
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2001-2017 JOTD
Loom is © 1990 LucasFilm Games
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu
- Convenient install script
- Full use of fast memory
- Copy protection removed (by me this time, and that's clean :))
- Save on HD with minimal number of OS swaps (black flashing screens)
- Should support all original versions (french, english, german)
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Doc/Walkthrough included
- I re-did the crack because existing ones act on the 069.LFL file, and I don't like
that. The original game should remain unpatched and still work without the protection.
Maybe a better reason is that my method allows protection bypass on all versions
(not only english version)
- Another good way would have been to dynamically modify the 069.LFL file like done on other
Lucasarts patches: Indy 4 & Monkey Island 2. Well, maybe if I have issues with my crack, but
it seems to work ok, so let it be...
- seems that typing a new savegame and pressing "Load" freezes the game.
- v2.0 (24.08.2017)
- rewrote slave to support whdload v16/kickemu/kickfs, got rid of kickDOS
(there isn't any kick 3.1 only slave, only kick 1.3 slave now, and it's easy to recompile)
- source code included
- v1.2: included slave for A1200 kickstart ROM (solves freeze problems)
- v1.1: keyboard fix for 68060 (general kickstart 1.3 problem)
- v1.0: initial release
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.