THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Lords Of The Rising Sun" © 1989 Cinemaware
Images are freely downloadable from http://www.cinemaware.com
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick345.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4b (27.11.17)
- crash upon exit in PAL version fixed (issue #2830)
version 1.4a (27.11.17)
- NTSC check removed, NTSC version now works on PAL machines too
version 1.4 (27.11.17) done by Stingray:
- Herndon HLS protection removed in a clean way
- slave code optimised a bit
version 1.3-B (03.03.08)
- reassembled for latest KickEmu
version 1.3 (09.06.07)
- another version supported (unprotected from Xavier B.)
version 1.2 (12.10.06)
- another version supported (RN copylock, SPSID=133).
- source code included
- small guide about how to decrypt executable copylocks added
(it's easy with the right tools!)
version 1.1 (10.06.03)
- game strange behaviour fixed (this was a result of the nasty
copy protection, fixed by Lockpick but not on the Cinemaware images!!)
Thanks to Angus & Hidehiko for reporting the problem.
- added version check (there is another version, RNC copylock, not supported yet)
version 1.0 (25.05.03) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- disk protection removed (for original version)
- all disk accesses removed
- patched to use fast memory & caches (works on 68060)
- manual included
- nice icons by Exoticon & Chris Vella
- Codetapper & Mr Larmer for CopylockDecrypter
- CFou for generic RN decryption
- Bert for excellent Kickstart emulation
- Codetapper (again) for his information about copylocks
- Lockpick for nasty protection fix on Herdnon version
- SPS team for IPF format
- WinUAE team (Toni you rule)
- This game has excellent protection on both its versions, and very
different one from another
- If you have installed the RN protected version (SPSID=133) with the
old version of the install script, please re-install
I (StingRay) have removed the Herndon HLS protection completely now.
There were no encrypted relocation entries so everything the HLS
protection did was changing the first instruction to start the game.
This means patching any of the encrypted code is not necessary at all.
The slave is now much smaller and less prone to crashing!