THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Lure Of The Temptress" © 1992 Virgin
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
version 2.0 (18.03.2021) done by JOTD & Stingray
- install adapted to whdload v17, ditched JST source code
- sound/music fixed on fast machines
- fixed decrunch code (I don't know how it could work properly before!)
- BUTTONWAIT now allows to wait 5 seconds (or buttonpress) for
startup intro screens and text screens (issue #0003240)
- RawDIC imager (by Stingray, issue #0004274)
version 1.4 (22.03.2003) done by JOTD
- italian version supported
- source code included
- fixed install script: now diskimages are called disk.1, disk.2, and so on.
- fixed install script: special case for german version (disk.1 is shorter)
- fixed install script: now copies doc & readme
version 1.3 (21.03.2003) done by JOTD - test release
- access fault fixed: click on cask (Harry)
- access fault fixed: pull skull, go through door (Kempy)
version 1.2-B (10.03.2003) done by JOTD
- fixed install script. disk.1 was ripped too short -> intro problems
version 1.2 (around 2001)
- WHDLoad port from JST slave source with help from Harry
version 1.x (1996)
- JST versions
- 5 versions supported (french, 2 english, german, italian)
- Decrunch routines relocated in fast memory for more speed
- Convenient installer script
- Nice icon by Frank
- Manual protection removed
- Now can use real fastmem as extension mem (stupid reloc routine fixed)
- Load/saves to HD (tested with all versions)
- Tool included to convert the game save disk to files (ripsaves)
useable by the HD load/save option
- 'Format' option resets game saves.
- BUTTONWAIT tooltype allows to see the title screen (press LMB or Fire to skip)
- Game documentation included
This game really needed a HD install. I think it's unplayable from floppy.
There's an old tool that we didn't port which is called "ripsaves", which allows
to rip floppy savegames. It can be run either from WB or CLI. From CLI
it accepts an argument (0 to 3) for the floppy unit. (e.g: ripsaves 1 for DF1:)
Thanks to Walter Geriolz and Thomas Lorenz for sending me the disks (well, next time,
we'll coordinate better).
Thanks for the people who sent the other disk images.
Sorry for the delay but this one meant a lot of work for me. I hope you'll appreciate.
english (SPS2030 and SPS2031)
You have to first 'format' a disk to make saves work. This will create a
file called 'luresave.dir'. Then only you can save/load.