THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Maniac Mansion" © 1989 Lucasfilm
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.5 (16.08.18) done by JOTD:
- support for spanish version (issue #0003916, it worked but now the codes are skipped)
version 1.4 (25.05.04) done by JOTD:
- removed 68020+ dependent code: game is now 68000 compatible (issue #003017)
- reassembled with latest kickemu: quitkey now works on 68000 CPUs
version 1.3 (03.06.04) done by JOTD:
- reworked source & readme for WHDLoad v16
- manual protection removed
- 3 versions supported
- Full use of fast memory
- Gamesaves without OS swaps
- Quit key (F10, or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Normal/NewIcon/GlowIcon/Exoticon icons provided
- docfile and walkthrough included
- sourcecode included
version 1.2 (october 2001)
- Rewritten to use kickstart dos library, patched access fault on Ctrl+C
version 1.1 (?)
- Supports 3 versions (french, german, english).
Mouse speed increased (requested by some Lucasfilm games users)
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD
- initial release. Supports only UK version
(for other versions, protection is still there)
- Game worked almost OK in DOS mode but some gfx may be corrupt depending on your system
and there were no quit key
- Game worked almost OK using OSEmu but a bug in some gfx lib emulation routine fucked up
the scrolling to the left (!). Using original graphics library through KickEmu works.