THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Midwinter II" © 1991 Maelstrom Games.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick344.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.2 (09.11.02)
- added support for french version
version 1.1 (06.11.02)
- added support for german version
version 1.0 (01.11.02) done by JOTD:
- initial release
* fixed to work with fast memory & caches (not a piece of cake)
* another access fault fixed
* manual protection removed (thanks Mark Knibbs & Lockpick)
* CUSTOM1 (4 to 9) allows to select a campaign disk. You may copy the file "disk.4"
from the present archive as disk.5, disk.6, etc... and then create campaign disks
using the game menu.
* instructions, hints & solution included
* nice exoticon & other icons by Trodas
* sourcecode included
- Sorry to release it as diskimage install, but the campaign creation system was
weird enough, and so it's simpler that way.
- Music has got some little glitches (high pitched notes) now that fastmem is
activated. Quite a hard problem to solve, that's why I won't do it right now.