THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "One On One" © 1985 Electronic Arts.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.1 (22.02.2018) done by JOTD:
- added calibrated delay loop to slow down game on faster amigas/WinUAE (issue #003554)
(the calibration is empiric, but seems to work pretty well, report me any issues)
- adapted to WHDLoad v17
- reassembled with latest KickEmu: quitkey now works on 68000
- now joystick port swap is the default
version 1.0 (2002) done by JOTD:
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad + KickEmu
- Game now works on any amiga. No need for a A500/A1000 anymore.
- Annoying blank screen delays removed
- Disk protection removed (in a clean way)
- CUSTOM1=1 allows to swap joystick & mouse ports (recommended)
- Convenient install script
- Quit key (default: F10, or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Nice icon by Frank
- Source code included
Thanks go to:
- Carlo Pirri for original disk image and remote debug dumps (from Australia)
- Bert Jahn for WHDLoad and KickEmu