THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE.
THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS
ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU
ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR OTHER
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY
DAMAGE CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE
OWNER OR A THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF
That install applies to "Puggsy" © 1993 Travelers Tales/Psygnosis
That install requires WHDLoad to be in the path.
WHDLoad can be found in the whdload package.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0 (27.12.2020) done by JOTD:
- full joypad controls and 2-button support (issue #0004914)
- fixed crash when pressing a key during the introduction
- option to skip introduction completely
- option to set second button jump by default
- when up=jump, second button is used to activate objects (ex: gun)
- trainer: infinite lives
- slave, install script & readme fully rewritten
- removed JST slave
- source code included
version 1.0 (03.04.2001) done by JOTD:
- Runs from HD/RAM
- Convenient installer script
- Runs either with JST or WHDLoad (both slave types included)
- Memory patch: now runs on 512 chipmem amigas if you've got fastmem anywhere
- 2nd joystick button patch (it did not work properly)
- Quit key (F10 for JST slave/QUITKEY for WHDLoad slave) at any time
- Proper cache handling
- Relocated decrunch routines in fast memory when possible
Note: if you had a previous JST installed version, you'll have to create a "data"
directory and move all the files into it, or simply re-install.
- red: action
- blue: jump (controls 2) / use object (controls 1)
- green: use/activate object (controls 2 only) (space)
- play: pause (p)
- yellow: show bosses (return)
- reverse: show passwords (b)
- reverse+forward: return to map/quit game (esc)
- reverse+forward+yellow: return to workbench