THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Shinobi" © 1989 Sega.
This installer requires the original Shinobi disk. It supports the versions from
SEGA's 'Arcade Smash Hits' and 'Super SEGA' compilation.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4 (21.10.2015) done by JOTD:
- added quitkey for 68000 machines (the only ones where this game is useful anyway!)
- changed default quitkey to num "*"
version 1.3 (24.08.06) done by JOTD:
- joystick button 2 triggers "banzai" only if CUSTOM3=1. Exclusive usage
with space bar
- CUSTOM1=1 triggers level skipper with F1 key (feature existed, but was not
properly documented, and reserved to registered users)
- CUSTOM2=1 triggers unlimited magic
version 1.2 (20.08.06) done by JOTD:
- joystick button 2 triggers "banzai" (user request)
- more active loops fixed
- removed restriction for unregistered users
- patcher install replaced by DIC
- manual added
- Chris & Exoticon icons added
- source code included
version 1.1 done by Dark Angel
- Support for 'Super SEGA' version added. Thanks to Marc Le Douarain for
sending me his game.
- New icon
version 1.0 done by Dark Angel
- initial release
- Self-modifying code removed
- Access faults removed
- Sample timing fixed
- Trainer [registered users only]
- Saves Highscores to HD [registered users only]
- Return to OS (Numl)
- graphics of this game suck. I bet C64 version was better.
- music of this game suck (not even in tune)
- this game does not work properly with WinUAE (too much SMC and CPU dependent
loops). Maybe I'll fix it, but when you've got WinUAE, you've got MAME and
shinobi is a hundred times better on MAME
Just for fun, some text found in the game:
Fuck me! I never thought you would do it!! Bet it took a long time though!
By the way, the only way to crack this game is if you have at least 4mb of
fast ram... There's a hint! Are you enjoying this, by the way?
Me (Richard Aplin) and Tim (the programmer) thought we might give you a
little challange... I reckon I'll hold you off for about a week. Oh, by
the way Quartex, you told me at the SAE party this would be EASY..
Well is it?
Well, obviously you weren't fooled earlier!! I'm impressed! Not a bad bit
of hacking.. but the best is yet to come!!! Hehehehe... Just wait, cos now
it gets REALLY good..