Short: HD-Installer for Son Shu-Shi
Author: Codetapper/Action and CFou!
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com)
This patch applies to "Son Shu-Shi" (c) 1991 Expose Software - 2 disks.
This game was never released! Thanks to Cody Jarrett for tracking it down!
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+
- Game requires 512k chip mem (+1.7Mb other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- MFM disk images converted to extracted files or both disk images
- Decruncher relocated to fast memory
- Trainer added
CUSTOM1=1 to set infinite lives, credits and time
CUSTOM1=2 to activate trainer keys (F8: 255 coins F9: To skip level)
CUSTOM1=3 to activate both previous options
- Joystick left/right and fire allows language selection
- Load/Save High Scores redirected on HD (if trainer disabled)
- XFD decruncher for data files included (see note below!)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and OS3.5 Colour Icon
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
- Many Blitter delays inserted (v1.1)
- Fixed for 68060 (v1.1)
- Source code included (v1.1)
- Access fault at 'Game Over' screen fixed (V1.2)
(it's was caused by blitter delays patches)
This game was due to be released in 1991 at the same time as the Atari ST
version. For some reason, the game was never released and was forgotten
about. Sometime in 2004, the original authors were tracked down and
tragically, the disks had been thrown away in the rubbish a month earlier.
All hope seemed lost!
Out of the ashes came one final copy of the game which was quickly CAPS'd.
A checksum error was discovered on track 133 of disk 2 - but apart from
that, the disks seemed to be fine. IFW/CAPS did a great job and managed
to recover the data, which turned out to be a single bit incorrect!
If anyone enjoys looking through graphics tiles, you can use the SonShuShi
XFD decruncher in the XFD subdirectory of the install package to decrunch
the files. The packed file format itself is not easily recognisable, so
you should only install it in your libs:xfd directory, depack the files,
and then delete it again. Otherwise you will find it detects a lot of
files as SonShuShi data files when they are not! It is not optimised and
should be treated as a bonus "hack" that might be useful for someone.
Greetings to Cody Jarrett for locating this rare game and IFW/CAPS for the
image as well as working on the corrupt track! Enjoy this rare game!
Codetapper/Action and CFou! (19-10-2010)
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: