THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Street Racer" © 1994 Epic
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 2.0 MB ChipMem and 3.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
Version 2.0 (24.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed a nasty bug that prevented 3 and 4 player mode to work (issue #0004325)
- added joypad controls for player 1: space=blue/second button, play=F1, rev+fwd+play=quit to wb
Version 1.5 (01.07.2004)
- fixed another access fault (practice/soccer)
- source code included
Previous versions (1997-):
- Runs fully from HD, starts from Workbench, using WHDLoad
- Installer script provided
- Access faults/programming error removed
- SNOOP problems fixed
- Decrunch routines/clearmem routines relocated in fastmem for better speed
- Quit key (QUITKEY for WHDload)
- Nice new/glow icons by Frank
- Stack fix by Keith Krellwitz (on the old JST slave)
- Keyboard fixed
- CPU dependent loops fixed
- Thanks to Bored Seal, Juergen Urbanek, Xavier Bodenand & Hexaae for bug reports
- Run in NTSC for better speed (this is default, remove if you wish)
- On the options screen, you have either to plug a joystick in port 0 or unplug
the mouse because there's a control bug (the same as in Chaos Engine 2) if
mouse is in port 0.
- Original CD version was done in 1997 by JOTD with the help of Abaddon. It was released
as a commercial game. It must be the first (and only) game using JST in a commercial form.
Original files were ripped from the original floppy disc by JOTD for the CD version