THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "TFX" © 1995 Digital Image Design.
It was released on CU amiga coverdisk in 1997.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
It can be quit by pressing right amiga key
(key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=" but with that game it's not
easy to find something that's not used).
The installed program requires 2.0 MB ChipMem and 7.0 MB OtherMem (16 MB with PRELOAD)
It also requires the AGA chipset and at least a 68020, but a 68030 and/or
a FPU or even a 68040 or 68060 will help a lot with framerate.
The game requires an installed A1200 or A4000 Kickstart 3.1 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick40068.A1200" (resp kick40068.A4000).
The image can be extracted from a A1200 (resp A4000) with tools like 'GrabKick'
or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick40068.A1200.RTB" (resp "kick40068.A4000.RTB")
must be installed in the same directory as the kickstart image.
It can be found in the archive "util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
Version 1.0 (28.12.2020) done by JOTD
- automatic executable selection depending on cpu/fpu (or manual)
- self-modifying code removed (fonts were trashed)
- CD32 joypad support for some frequently used keys (see below)
- small manual included (thanks Angus)
- source code included
the game wasn't distributed in floppies but only in an archive of a beta
version or CU amiga CD version.
To install manually, just create a "data" directory and unpack the files there
there are a lot of executables around for this game. 4 of them are supported, the
others (newer beta versions). Not all of them are working.
- TFX (554340 bytes): base 68020/nofpu version (working on 68040/68060)
- TFX.FPU (503340 bytes): 68020/68881 fpu version
- TFX.??? (599152 bytes): 68020+FPU (from DamienD@EAB collection, wonder where you got that
this is a version with unmerged hunks and SYMBOLS!!! I love when that happens!)
- TFX.floppy (555644): original CD, never tried this version
- TFX.020 (571008 bytes) linked in HOL: 68020+FPU, almost destroyed by Hunk Wizard
chip/fast hunks merged but I could convert those dynamically to chip so it runs!)
This last HOL version is a newer 1997 build of the game with probable bug fixes
Below are unusable/corrupt versions (no thanks to Hunk Wizard tool):
- TFX.030 (HOL)
- TFX.strip (68040, HOL)
- TFX.040 (original from CU amiga CD)
The slave tries to select the best executable for your configuration but if
for some reason it doesn't work, it can be selected manually.
You can select between 4 versions:
- TFX (68020, no fpu, on CD, also working on 68040/68060)
- TFX.FPU (68020/030, 68881/82 fpu, on CD)
- TFX.020 (68020/030, 68881/82 fpu, newer, data in chip, download at https://is.gd/A6yk2T)
- TFX.040 (68020/030, 68881/82 fpu, wrong name, symbols, NOT the one on CD)
Obviously I couldn't map the million keys required but at least a few
that are probably frequently used.
FORWARD: thrust (+)
REVERSE: thrust (-)
BLU: switch weapons (return)
YEL: lock to target (Z)
RED: fire (original controls)
GRN: increase afterburner (*)
PLAY: options screen (key left to "1", tilda something)
FORWARD+REVERSE+YELLOW: quit to workbench
- patch the FPU versions to be compatible with 68040/68060 FPUs
- profile the game to see where it could be faster
- maybe try to make the bogus exes work