THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Venom Wing" © 1990 Thalamus/SoftEyes.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing * (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0a (03/10/22) done by CFou!:
- change 'exotic' default ExitKey
version 2.0 (25.09.22) done by CFou!:
- source code rewritten, adapted to WHDLoad 17+ and included
- config splash window supported
- Exit key for 68000
- some SSP relocated in fast memory
- load/save relocated in external file named 'highs'
(before saved in file 'disk.1')
- required chip memory reduct
- RawDIC imager updated to support track checksums
- new install script
version 1.1 (26.02.02) done by CFou!:
- another blitter delays inserted for the intro
(Thanks Pavel for bug report)
version 1.0 (24.02.02) done by CFou!:
- initial release
- RawDIC Imager used (but no checksum control in original loader)
- Load/Save Game redirected to HDD (In 'disk.1' -> track 144)
- many blitter delays inserted
- random star field code fixed (2 access faults)
- 2 access faults fixed (level 1 and boss of level 4)
- 2 Self-modifying codes rewritten (jsr $0)
- Tooltype CUSTOM1=1 to activate cheat mode
-> unlimited lives
-> RMB to skip level
- low CPU stack for level 2,3 and 4 fixed (=>monitor crashes)
- access at AGA registers fixed to remove gfx bugs in level 4
- All game tested with 030+$16mo+FPU
- tested with SNOOPECS Tooltype
- Hints file included
- CFou's colored Icon included
Thanks to Richard Wagenfuehrer for original disk images
and Denis LECHEVALIER for ExtADF images
It has been a very hard and long work to fix this game, I hope you like it