THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Bruno's MusicBox 2" © 1990 Gate.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed demo requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+880k for Preload)
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- correct setup of hardware registers (completely recoded!)
- Interrupts fixed for 040/060 (I coded an own VBI handler for the main part)
- Bplcon0 colorbit fixes (x25)
- DMA wait in both (intro/main part) replayers fixed (the usual dbf delay bug)
- Byte write to AudXVol in both replayers fixed
- colorflashing during decrunching can be disabled with "CUSTOM1" tooltype
- blitwaits added in sinescroller (can be disabled with "CUSTOM2" tooltype)
- keyboard control for the cube added (can be enabled with "CUSTOM3" tooltype)
- Keyboard handler added so quit is possible on 68000 machines
- NewIcon (created by me, if you have better icons feel free to send them)
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
If you enable the keyboard control for the cube (CUSTOM3=1) you can press
cursor keys to rotate the cube and return to load a song. Without this
tooltype you'll have to use a joystick in port2. Press right mousebutton
to switch between scroller and selector part.
Coding this slave took longer than expected as the code in the demo is
not what I would call good. ;) I hope you appreciate it.
This patch is dedicated to the memory of Bruno who sadly took his own
life in January 2008. He was one of the best (if not the best) composers
in the early Amiga years and made a lot of great tunes. Rest in peace!
You can download the demo from my ftp:
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team and to Musashi5150 :)
version 1.0 (30.08.08) done by StingRay:
- initial release
- source code included
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: