THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Hologon" © 2020 The Electronic Knights.
This install requires WHDLoad version 17.0 & DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 2.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing * (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
version 1.0 (18.03.2021) done by CFou!:
- initial release
- Colored icon included
- install script for ADF version
version 1.1 (22.03.2021) done by CFou!:
- QuitKey support for 68000 added
(Keyboard interrupt handler added)
- crash on 68000 fixed (because by error 68010+ special code was forced)
- Fast memory used instead of absolute adress at $80000
(less chip memory needed)
- Tested with all 680xx CPU types (via WinUAE)
version 1.2 (24.03.2021) done by CFou!:
- fast memory at $80000 restored (trouble with some fast configuration)
(optional slave with fast memory for A500 with only 512ko of chip included)
- Small Colored icon included (for Torti-the-Smurf!!)
WARNING!!! read the official TEK compatibility note reproduced below.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
Notes on compatibility (TEK):
This demo is based on tight synchronicity between CPU, chip memory and custom
chip hardware. It is supposed to look and sound exactly the same on all kinds
No known issues:
- A500 with >= 1mb, stock A600, A1200
- A500/ACA500+/7MHz (crashes/freezes with accelerators, remove/disable them)
- A2000 with 1mb chip or fakefast
- A2000 with zero waitstate Zorro-II fastmem
- Stock A3000, 68030/25, SCRAM
- A3000, A4000 with Cyberstorm MK-II 68060/50, 68060/80
- A4000 with Cyberstorm MK-I 68060/50
- A1200 with Blizzard 1230
- A1200 with ACA1233n, ACA1221xx
- Vampire500V2, Vampire1200V2
Frame drops and sync losses:
- A4000 with 68040/25
- A4000 with Warp Engine 68040/40
- A1200 with Blizzard 1260
- A1200 with Apollo 1260
- A2000: Some Zorro-II fastmem extensions claimed to be zero waitstate,
which wasn't always true. In case of problems, disable or remove the Zorro-II
When frame drops are encountered, the screen flashes red.
When a loss of sync with the music is detected, the screen turns orange.
The demo tries to regain the sync later.
Such occurrences are counted and should be reported in the scrolltext at the
end of the demo.