Short: HD-Installer for Biplane Duel V1.0
Author: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com), ICQ: 26051687
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org)
This patch applies to "Biplane Duel" (c) 1989/90 Peter Mason - 1 disk.
Both the original (two player only) Bip and the single/two player sequel
(also known as Salmon Pink Max) are supported.
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+ and XFDDecrunch.
- Game requires 0.2Mb chip mem (+0.1Mb other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- 2 versions supported
- Empty DBF loop fixed
- Keyboard handler rewritten (the OSEmu version caused game slowdown!)
- Blitter waits added to fix clouds flickering (x7)
- Keyboard routine enabled (so you can quit!)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and GlowIcon (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is F10)
The original two player Biplane Duel was on Amiga Format coverdisk 18, and
the sequel was on coverdisk 33b and Amiga Power coverdisk 26. You can find
the game on several Amiga coverdisks sites.
There is a weird bug I discovered years ago in both games which lets you
kill the opposition very easily but if I tell you, it will surely spoil the
enjoyment of this game. If you really want to know it, email me!
This patch also utilises OSEmu, the operating system emulator written by
Harry, Wepl, Jeff and Mr Larmer! Thanks guys!
Special thanks to Frank for reporting the keyboard slowdown problem!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: