THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Dungeon Master" © 1986-1992 FTL/Software Heaven
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0 (01.01.2023) done by JOTD:
- supports 5 versions (fixes issue #0005944)
- dropped disk images for real files (reinstall needed from "disk.1" file),
also fixes the "savegame corrupt bug" when using diskimages which is
a nice bonus (I didn't remember that this bug existed)
- fixed graphical issue when printing characters names top left
on fast machines
- optional selectable save slots (rename DMGAME.DAT in DMGAME_x.DAT (x=0-9)
from your existing "disk.2" image to use an old savegame.
- added BUTTONWAIT to see the title
version 1.3 (20.05.2020) done by JOTD:
- added trainer: no damage for the party (issue #0004682)
- removed checksums that prevented proper game training
version 1.2 (19.01.2014) still done by JOTD
- really removed 68020+ restriction (issue #1556)
- fixed access fault at startup (issue #2736, #2065, #2072)
- source code included
version 1.1 (15.05.2009) done by JOTD
- removed 68020+ restriction (bug #1556)
- converted to WHDLoad v16
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD
- initial release
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad & KickEmu
- Convenient install script
- Load/Save on HD
- Cache flushes added to use caches/fast memory
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Walkthrough/doc/hints included
- Trainer gives infinite stamina, but is not perfect. Other player stats may be lowered.
- Previous slave versions only supported V3.6 (unprotected, multilanguage) and with
diskimages. For completeness sake, now all versions are supported. A big help came
from http://dmweb.free.fr/ and specially Meynaf crack of french version 2.0 which I
enhanced and adapted for whdload (some checksums needed to be removed
for full HD operation).
- When a saveslot is selected, it's active until whdload quits.
- on V3.6 game used to separate saves according to language, but it
seems useless. Saved slot in french mode seems to work with english language.
- Supported versions exhaustive list:
* V2.0 french
* V2.0 english
* V2.2 english
* V2.2 german
* V3.6 multilanguage (FTL/Psygnosis)
If you have an unsupported version please submit a report.