THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "F-18 Interceptor" © 1988 Intellisoft/Electronic Arts.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.4 (22.12.2007) done by JOTD
- reassembled with latest kickemu (now quitkey works on 68000 too)
- source code cleanup
version 1.3 (14.03.2004)
- adapted to WHDLoad v16
- rewritten installer package completely
- source code included
version 1.2 (2003)
- rewritten without KickDOS, using only Bert's Kickstart emulation
version 1.1 (2002)
- keyboard fixed (general kickstart 1.3 bug)
- adapted to support famous crack by Unit A
(rename the "x1" file into "F-18 Interceptor" to make it work)
version 1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- Runs fully from HD on all amigas using WHDLoad (with KickEmu/KickDos/KickProc)
- Convenient install script
- 2 access faults fixed
- Works with all caches activated (very good on 68060)
- Quit key (numerical '*', or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Log file saved to disk (just like before :))
- Codewheel protection removed (thanks LockPick)
- Doc files included
- Nice icons by Frank and Exoticon