Short : HD-Installer & fix for Gee Bee Air Rally
Type : game/patch
Author : Jean-François Fabre (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Install-Script & HD-loader © 2002 JOTD
Gee Bee Air Rally © 1987 Activision
- Runs fully from HD using WHDLoad + KickEmu + dos.library emulation
- 32-bit relocated kickstart issue fixed (a vicious one!)
- Access fault fixed (bad use of audio.device)
- Uses fast memory for better general speed
- Convenient install script
- Quit key (default: F10, or configurable with QUITKEY)
- Nice New/Glow icons by Frank
- Source included
Thanks go to:
- Bert Jahn for WHDLoad and KickEmu + doslib emulation
- Barney Erasum for the bug report
- Tested on A1200/68060/64MB, A1200/68020/NoFast, WinUAE
If you've got trouble, try setting NOCACHE or/and NOMMU
- v1.0: initial release
- v1.1: fixed hiscore save
The game requires a installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick344.lha" on aminet.