THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
That install applies to "Heimdall" © 1991 Core Design.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1.0 MB ChipMem and 2.0 MB OtherMem (5 MB with PRELOAD).
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.2 (13.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed crash at startup on real machines (WTF??) (issue #0004471)
- relocated decruncher in fast memory for better loading speed
- improved quitkey on 68000
version 2.1 (08.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- support for spanish version added (more recent, different, and
full of bugs, read the end of the readme)
- password protection screen completely skipped
- fixed music & sound for fast CPUs
version 2.0 (21.08.2018) done by JOTD:
- support for 2 english versions, 1 german version and 1 french version
- resourced from v1.x slave (no source available), fully rewritten
- adapted to whdload 17 (selectable savedisk from splash screen)
- reduced OS flashes when saving a game
- changed CUSTOM1 value: 0 is valid and reads "disk.5"
- added quitkey for 68000 users
- install script rewritten
- manual & solution included
- source code included
version 1.x (1999) done by John Sleck
- disk & password protection removed
- Games can be saved to HD, use the CUSTOM1 tooltype to choose
a virtual savedisk.
notes on spanish version:
- disk 4 (5th disk) seems to have a corrupt sector. Since it's only 512
bytes long, I included the correct data in the slave and fix the data
- load & save are swapped. Be careful! Since those are images and not text
it's rather time-consuming to fix that, only for spanish version.