Short: HD Installer for High Steel v1.0
Author: DJ Mike (email@example.com), ICQ: 35028461
Uploader: DJ Mike (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requires: WHDLoad 10, 512k chip mem
This patch applies to "High Steel" (c) 1989 Screen 7
You will need the original disk.
(A copy can be found in the TOSEC archive.)
Alternatively any crack should work (this game has
no protection whatsoever).
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+.
- Game requires 512k chip mem
(+335k other memory for preload option)
- Loads entirely from HD
- Uses custom imager to extract real files from the NDOS disk
- Fixed a bug in one of the game's picture routines
- Highscores loaded and saved to HD (except when you cheat)
- Trainer modes:
* Starting Level - set CUSTOM1=1-32 for the level
(using this one does NOT disable highscore saves)
* Infinite Health - set CUSTOM2=1
* Infinite Lives - set CUSTOM3=1
* Infinite Time - set CUSTOM4=1
- Quit to Workbench at any time (Default key: F10)
- Press S for a more amusing quit routine :-)
- NewIcons and ColorIcons included (made by Captain HIT)
- Currently the original game has a really nasty bug in later levels
which causes graphical glitches which get worse as you build more and
more levels of the scaffolding - eventually the game just crashes with
an address error.
Unfortunately this is a case of bad programming which I cannot fix,
not at least without spending a great deal of time on it, which I don't
honestly think is worthwhile for such a low profile game.
- v1.0 Initial release
Greetings to Codetapper, Galahad, Wepl, my beta testers and the rest
of the WHDLoad team!
-- DJ Mike (6th June 2003)
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: