THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "The Immortal" © 1990 Electronic Arts.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 3.1 (18.06.2023) done by JOTD:
- sound fixed for fast machines
- reduced info in splash screen so game title is visible (issue #0005912)
- 3-button joystick supported (3rd button: music on/off)
version 3.0 (16.06.2018) done by JOTD:
- fixed a huge loading bug that prevents level 7 and 8 to work properly (crashes/ trashed gfx)
- added functions keys F2-F8 to enter valid preset passwords for levels 2 => 8
- protection doesn't even appear anymore
- added F9 key to restart the game (reboot). Sure was useful when testing, now I'm not sure...
- added trainer: infinite energy (you can still be killed, but not in fights, or by arrows/fireballs,
everything that depletes your energy doesn't anymore, which makes the game MUCH easier)
- ability to set your password through CUSTOM tooltype, and recall it with TAB in the "enter certificate"
- added joypad/2nd button controls
version 2.1 (25.02.2017) done by JOTD:
- fixed DMA wait for better music replay (issue #0003295)
(the delay was made BEFORE write to DMACON, even in the original game)
version 2.0 (03.11.2008) done by JOTD:
- global slave update, including disk file renaming
- empty CPU loop fixed (music works OK in WinUAE now)
- source code included
- documentation included
previous versions (2001)
- Convenient installer script
- Manual protection removed (adapted a patch from LockPick v2.0)
- Nice icon by Frank
SPS version 340 is supported, version 3343 (NDOS) isn't.
convenient passwords (source: http://www.lemonamiga.com/games/cheats.php?id=555):
Normal Full power wizard
2 BEFE810006F70 CDDFF10006F70
3 CC5EE21000E10 F47EF21000E10
4 465FA31001EB0 B5FFF31001EB0
5 B57F943000EB0 94BFB43000EB0
6 1BBEB53010A41 563FF53010A41
7 8DDFB62010AC1 C250F63010AC1
8 E011F730178C1 A890B730178C1
* 2nd button / blue: pause/select item (alongside with spacebar)
* rev/fwd: set preset passwords in "enter certificate" screen
* yellow: enter CUSTOM certificate if present (like TAB)
* green/third button: toggle music on/off (like CTRL+S)
* rev+fwd+play (hold several seconds): give up current game
* rev+fwd+play+red: quit to workbench
* TAB: recall password contained in "CUSTOM" option/tooltype
* function keys F2-F8 enter valid preset passwords for levels 2 => 8
* F9 key restarts the game