THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Kick Off 2 - The Final Whistle" © 1991 Anco.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing Del (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- 5 versions supported (Competition version, 2 different 1.9e versions, 1.9f, 2.1e)
- Load/Save from data disk supported
- Protection removed (9xchecksums, 7xdisk checks, 1xcheck for Kick Off2 disk,
1x "Cobra X-Rom" encryption)
- Invalid copperlist entry fixed (x1)
- Access faults fixed
- Empty dbf loop in keyboard routine fixed
- Automatic creation of data disk (see below)
- NewIcon and OS3.5+ colour icon (created by KillerGorilla and Irek'72)
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'Del')
This install started as a request for a WHDLoad patch for the Final Whistle
competition version by lolafg on EAB. After I finished it I just added
support for the original v1.9e and 2.1e versions and the result is
this patch. :)
Just like Return to Europe this one wasn't hard to do except for the
loading from data disk as Dino Dini changed the code in a way that the
game won't tell you to insert a data disk before loading. No idea why
and IMHO that's a bug! Anyway, it all works fine now so enjoy this
classic from HD.
If you already have a data/tactics disk create an image of it using
tools like DIC (can be found in the WHDLoad package), rename
the image to "disk.8" if it's a tactics disk or to "disk.9" if
it is a data disk and copy it to the installation directory.
If you want to import Player Manager teams you need to create
an image of your Player Manager save disk and rename it to
If no data or tactics disk is found it will be created, this feature
can be disabled with the CUSTOM1=1 tooltype.
Have fun with this game from HD now.
Love and peace, Sting, 29-Nov-2022
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team and to Musashi5150 :)
Extra greetings to the usual suspects on #amigascne, see you all at
Special thanks to lolafg, AxelFoley and Hungry Horace for testing the
install, KillerGorilla and Irek'72 for the icons and Tom Meades for
the new 1.9e disk image.
version 1.04 (29.11.2022) done by StingRay:
- support for another version (1.9f) added (issue #5898)
- wrong delay loop in keyboard routine fixed
- WHDLoad v17+ features used (config)
version 1.03 (10.01.2010) done by StingRay:
- support for Player Manager teams added
version 1.02 (30.07.2009) done by StingRay:
- fixed problems with loading additional pitches, thanks to Alkis21
version 1.01 (19.03.2009) done by StingRay:
- support for separate tactics disks added
- support for another 1.9e version added, thanks to Tom Meades for
the disk image
- fixed possible "game freezes upon quit" problem (reported by
version 1.0 (15.03.2009) done by StingRay:
- initial release
- source code included
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: