THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "King's Quest" © 1988 Sierra.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path. Both can be found in
the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.0 (19.02.2021) done by JOTD:
- uses real files, no need to modify/copy the original disk to install (issue #0002962)
- Herdnon disk protection now cleanly removed (way easier with WinUAE than on a real Amiga!)
- rewritten from scratch
- added international keyboard patch (because there's some typing involved in the game)
- needs reinstalling (obviously), using provided install script that isn't the simplest part
- also works with cracked version (the cracked version used a modified version of the protection
so it still reads the disk and all, and performs decryption. That was the version I used to create
versions 1.x, but the new method is cleaner)
- source code included
version 1.1 (30.05.2003)
- noticed that it won't work if the disk is not fixed (s/startup-sequence added)
install script does the necessary fixes to the source disk
- added Byte Bandit antivirus protection (found it on a copy of King's Quest I)
version 1.0 (24.05.2003) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- use fastmemory
- quit option quits to system
- saves to HD (updates file "disk.1")
- Herdnon disk protection removed
- solution included
- source code included
- sorry the old v1.x versions sucked, specially the install part
- v2.0 uses UnADF (http://aminet.net/package/disk/misc/UnADF) from Andrew Bell (included). It also
requires DIC (whdload package) to create an image of the disk to be able to rip it
- the main file is read-protected on the original disk. Protection is changed when installing to HD.
this damn read-protection is the reason why the files can't be directly copied from the disk without