THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Manchester United Premier League Champions"
© 1994 Krisalis.
This install requires WHDLoad and DIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem
(+1.8MB for Preload).
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- 2 versions supported (V1.0, V1.2)
- 1994-1995 season data disk supported (CUSTOM2=1)
- Load/Save supported (see below for important information!)
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes (x6)
- Interrupt fixed
- Decruncher (ByteKiller) relocated to fast memory and error check added
- Automatic creation of data disk (see below)
- NewIcon, RomIcon and OS3.5 color icons (all created by Irek'72)
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'F10')
Finally it is here, the patch for Manchester United Premier League
Champions. Started in September 2009, finished in January 2010
and finally, in December 2011, I got around to creating the
It took me quite a while to get the patch working because the
loaders in this game are not easy too follow. Once I figured
out how they worked I had to fix a quite stupid memory check
routine in the game which kept me busy for a while.
Other than that, there were no major problems with the game.
The season 1994-1995 data disk (SPS 1789) is supported, if
you want to boot from the data disk (disk.3) you can use
the CUSTOM2=1 tooltype.
Load/Save is fully supported, if you already have a save
disk you can use DIC to create an image of it. The
save disk must be named disk.4.
The slave will create the save disk if none is found.
You can disable this feature with the CUSTOM1=1 tooltype.
Important: Before you save for the first time you have to
use the "Format disk" option! Otherwise you won't be able
Enjoy the game from HD now.
Merry Christmas, Sting, 19-Dec-2011
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team, PMC,
Musashi5150, Wayne Kerr, Mr.Spiv and all the other usual suspects :)
Extra greetings to the usual suspects on #amigascne, see you all at
Revision 2012! :)
Special thanks to lolafg and Gordon for testing the patch and Irek'72
for the nice icons.
version 1.03 (26.02.2022) done by StingRay:
- version check adapted to always return the correct game version
- delay in keyboard interrupt fixed
version 1.02 (24.02.2022) done by StingRay;
- another version supported (V1.0, issue #5505)
version 1.01 (02.01.2016) done by StingRay:
- writes to Beamcon0 and Bplcon4 disabled
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes
- patch now works with 0.5 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem
- WHDLoad v17+ features used (config)
- error check added to ByteKiller decruncher
- level 6 interrupt acknowledge fixed
- install script updated to use template from WHDLoad v18.x package
version 1.00 (19.12.2011) done by StingRay:
- initial release
- load/save fully supported
- source code included
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: