THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "The Secret Of Monkey Island" © 1990 Lucasfilm Games.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page or create a mantis issue directly
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
- Convenient Installer script
- Runs from WB/CLI on any OS without GFX corruption or pointer shift
- Uses WHDLoad to run
- Heavily relies on KickEmu + Bert dos.library module
- Codewheel protection removed (thanks to Kixx unprotected rerelease)
- Quit key anytime (numerical '*', or QUITKEY)
- All known versions supported
- Access fault removed (crashed when you entered the church)
- Save/load to HD without too many OS swaps
- Docfile/walkthrough included
- Many icons available (Original, Lucy, Exoticons, Trodas)
- Source code included
- Original quit button (F5 + give up) still work
- Main keys:
* Space: pause
* F5: save/load/quit
* ESC: skip sequences
* F8: restart
Version 3.6 (29.11.2020):
- fixed sound glitches (issue #0004882)
- improved source code
Version 3.5 (21.10.2018):
- less os-flashing when saving games
Version 3.4 (18.06.2007):
- recompiled for new kickfs
- updated install & slave to support another (cracked) version
- source code included
- adapted for italian version protection fix, reworked for WHDLoad v16
- adapted for spanish version protection fix.
- protection screen now fully removed. Restart works. Thanks to Kixx version!
- reworked to use real kick1.3 dos.library. misc other changes.
- adapted script to support versions where the main executable is crunched
- included source code and more icons
- church access fault removed
- mouse pointer speedup
- adapted to KickEmu/KickDOS. Now all event and gfx bugs have been fixed and
OS swaps have disappeared during game saves.
- adapted to WHDLoad
- runs using OSEmu/JST
Version 0.1 (a long time ago in 1997)
- first DOS release, dirty hack.