THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "New York Warriors" © 1990 Arcadia Systems.
This install requires WHDLoad version 16.0 to be in the path.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 1 MB ChipMem and 0.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
Please note that there are two versions of the game. A 512K version (SPS #705)
and a 1MB version. The 512K version has no in game music, only sound fx.
On faster machines the sound/fx replay can be crackling. No fix is currently
available for that.
version 1.0 (01.09.01) done by Wepl:
- initial release
- some snoop and ingame bugs fixed
- protection removed
- highscore saving added
Greetings must go to Sascha for providing images and being a nice guy :-).
version 1.1 (22.11.01) done by Wepl:
- support for another version added, thanks Chris
- memory allocation and other bugs fixed
- should be more stable now
version 1.2 (14.10.09) done by Wepl:
- access fault occuring after some time on faster machines in the 512k
version fixed, issue #2175
- changed slave to new style kickemu and is using kickfs now, with that
it should load a bit faster but requires some more memory on preload
- decruncher relocated to the slave
version 1.3 (05.01.14) done by Wepl:
- made the slave 68000 compatible by avoiding 'address error', thanks to
Don Adan for report
version 1.4 (07.10.17) done by Wepl:
- adapted for latest kickemu
- memory increased to avoid a low memory guru meditation
- updated install script
version 1.5 (03.08.21) done by Wepl:
- adapted for latest kickemu
- fixed missing intreq clear in soundfx replay which caused problems on
- added a delay in the game difficulty selection screen to make it less
CPU dependent, please note that the selection can be made by joysticks
in both ports, so if you have a mouse connected the selection may run
without stop, just move the mouse a bit to stop it running
- now using fast memory instead 1 MB chip, hope this doesn't cause any
glitches, in case consider using option ExpChip
- more blitwaits added
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: