THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Overdrive" © 1991-93 Infacto.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path. Both can be found
in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 1.0 (04.01.2008) done by CFou!:
- Initial release
- original & Cracked versions supported
- Rawdic/Dic used to image:
* both original disks
* 3 disks of cracked version
* Savegame disk (optional)
- Load/Save game redirected to HD (file 'disk.3')
- Load/Save HighScores redirected to HD (file 'OverDrive.highs')
(but WARNING!!! for cracked version DISK3 image is named 'disk.4')
- Custom1=1 tooltype used to activate unlimited lives
- Custom2=1 tooltype used to load level 4 instead of level 2 in level selector
- No present background scrolling for level4 fixed (Bug of the original release!!!!)
- crazy auto-scrolling bug fixed
(sometimes in level 1 auto-scrolling became crazy when you arrive at the
right-bottom or left-upper corner of the game area, and you caught not
- Crash when you win a level in 'continue' mode fixed
- Checksum codes protection removed (X3)
- Low stack problems fixed
- CACR modifications removed
- Memory manager fixed
- KickStart Reset replaced by exit
- Copperlist fixed (Selector screen)
- Amiga guide manual (FR/GB) made by CFou! added (using Overdrive demo's doc)
- Colored icons included
- Source code included
- infacto's xfd decruncher included (Created by Don Adan/Wanted Team)
Known bugs not fixed (present on original release):
- if you choice an option too quickly in main menu screen, it will cause a crash
when game is loading. It's a synchronization problem (multitasks) which
caused yellow flash on original release... So wait 5 seconds on menu screen
before to select an option.
- Very rarely game freezes on loading starfield screen (monitor is freezed too)
In game keys: (For more information to see included amigaguide)
F6: SFX Off/On
F7: MUSIC Off/On
F8: BOTTOM BOARD Off/On
F9: SAVE CURRENT GAME
P/F10: PAUSE Off/On
It's a very longer and harder work started on 2004 because game was important
bugs, so i hope you'll apreciate my effort and this gift for Xmas2007.
Happy new year 2008,
Bertrand JARDEL (CFou!)