Short: HD-Installer for Peter Beardsley's International Football V1.2
Author: Codetapper/Action (firstname.lastname@example.org), ICQ: 26051687
Uploader: Codetapper/Action (email@example.com)
This patch applies to "Peter Beardsley's International Football" (c) 1988
Teque/Grandslam - 1 disk. Supported versions:
- Original release (Carlo Pirri) - Non Dos disk
- Grandslam Collection compilation (Carlo Pirri) - with Terramex and England
- Fixed release (Adrian Simpson) - main file "2" and 19 "PBxx" files
- Defjam single file crack - single game file named "PB"
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+.
- Game requires 512k chip memory (+0.2Mb other memory for preload option)
- Full load from HD
- Ice! Decruncher relocated to fast memory
- Blitter waits inserted (x29)
- Empty DBF loops fixed (x4)
- RomIcon, NewIcon and GlowIcon (created by me!)
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
VERSION 1.1: (14-Oct-2001)
- Original version now supported
- Fixed 4 access faults (when you turned off music with 'F2')
- Added 2 Exotic icons (download from http://exotica.fix.no)
- Default quit key changed to 'PrtSc' since the game uses 'F10' to pause
VERSION 1.2: (18-Mar-2004)
- Supports another version (thanks Carlo!)
VERSION 1.2: (28-Oct-2004)
- Supports Grandslam Collection compilation (thanks Carlo!)
- No changes to actual slave hence remains at v1.2
- Taken from Sweet Cheater by Keith Krellwitz!
- Continual tapping of the fire button while in possession of the ball
prevents any other players from tackling.
This game is so naff that it's funny! Check out the following features:
- There is no time displayed on-screen - you have to hit F10 to pause to
be shown the elapsed time.
- If you are powering up at the kick-off, the opposition can come in and
steal the ball away from you even though you haven't touched it.
- If you don't touch the ball at the kick-off, both teams of players will
stand around waiting while the time still continues to increase. After a
few minutes, the whistle will be blown for half time.
- When throwing the ball in, the ball does not bounce.
- Most of the time you can run faster than the ball can be kicked.
- Tackling the opposition appears to be totally random.
- The nearest player to the ball is not automatically selected, so you
often end up with several players centimeters from the ball and the
player under your control is miles away.
- The goalie is not allowed to move inside the box - only up and down on
- Rebounds are always the exact opposite angle the ball was kicked at.
- If you manage to save a shot from the opposition, it will deflect back
to them where they turn around, move out of the box, then turn and come
back in for another shot. Very realistic.
- If you move into a position where the opposition cannot walk around you to
tackle you, the player will sit behind you running on the spot while the
rest of the players stand with their hands on their hips.
And don't forget the awful music! There are many more bugs for you to
discover. I think this game would make a good test for people wanting to
go into a mental institution - anyone that can play this game for more than
a few minutes is obviously insane. A truely classic football game from the
glory Atari ST port days :)
Thanks to Carlo, Adrian, Wepl, all Action members and the WHDLoad team!
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: