Short: HD Installer for Rampart v1.0
Author: DJ Mike (email@example.com; ICQ: 35028461)
Uploader: DJ Mike (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Requires: WHDLoad 10, 392k chip mem, 448k other mem
This patch applies to "Rampart" (c) Domark 1992
- Original release
- TOSEC versions will probably work (game has no protection)
ATTENTION! REGISTER NOW!
- WHDLoad is kept alive through the support of its users!
- If you value this software then PLEASE REGISTER at http://www.whdload.de
- Original disk (x1)
- Slave requires WHDLoad V10+.
- Game requires 392k CHIP memory + 448k OTHER memory
(+ 810k of memory for preload option)
- Game loads entirely from HD
- Fast memory used wherever possible for much faster loading!
- Quit to Workbench at any time (Default key: HELP) on ALL Amigas
- 1x Empty code loop replaced in music player
- High scores loaded and saved on disk
- ROM/OS35/NewIcon by DJ Mike, OS35 BoxIcon by Mad Matt
- Donations towards my own work writing installs are always appreciated.
I may even send you a beta of what I'm working on next :-)
- Donate by Paypal to: email@example.com
v1.0 (DJ Mike 12-Aug-2006)
- First public release
This patch is LONG OVERDUE! This patch has been put off by more than just
myself because the loader system for Rampart is very complicated. Huge amounts
of code for emulating the way AmigaDOS reads and writes to a floppy disk
- all so the game could use the files from the Atari ST version!
As it turns out, the game does some really messy load routines which load
small parts of each file at a time, decompressing as it goes - which is why
it also takes forever to load from disk!
Aside from the loader, this game is actually very well coded, and runs really
quickly out of Fast Memory! :-) Beats waiting for all that decompression.
As for the game, it's quite good fun - although the difficult curve is a little
sharp and the controls are a bit frustrating. By the way, if you find it too
hard, hit 'O' on the title screen for the Options screen. Enjoy!
Greetings to Codetapper, Wepl, Bored Seal and all WHDLoad supporters!
-- DJ Mike (12th August 2006)
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs: