THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Screaming Wings" © 1987 Red Rat.
This install requires WHDLoad version 17.0 & RawDIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing * (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
version 1.0 (28.03.2023) done by CFou!:
- initial release for SPS 3021
- The user can choose to extract the files or install a disk image.
- RAWDic imager used and missing track checksums added
- CPU stacks relocated in fastmem
- Load/Save HUIGH SCORE redirected to HDD in file named "highs"
(high score file will be created if missing)
- blitter delay insertion (x1)
- CUSTOM1=1 Tooltype used to enable original cheat mode
(This will give you near invincibility. If the missile that comes straight
down the screen makes it to the bottom you will lose a life.)
- ButtonWait to see title screen
- Keyboard handler added on loading screen
- QuitKey for 68000
- CFou's colored icon included
version 1.1 (01.04.2023) done by CFou!:
- support for Budget packed version added
- Shutdown loading music endering in game (to enable sound effect)
In Game Keys:
Esc: to pause game
SPC: to launch bomb
Carlo Pirri for budget disk image
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: