Short: HD-Installer for Winter Games V1.0
Author: Codetapper/Action & Psygore
This patch applies to "Winter Games" (c) 1987 Epyx - 1 disk
Thanks to Carlo Pirri for the original disk.
- Requires a registered WHDLoad keyfile
- Slave requires WHDLoad V16+ and an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image
- Game requires 512k chip mem and 256k other mem (+630k other memory for
- 3 versions supported
- Full load from HD
- Copy protection removed (Herndon HLS Duplication/encryption/disk check)
- Access fault in Ski Jump event removed
- Loads and saves world records
- Manual included
- RomIcon, NewIcon and OS3.5 Colour Icons (created by Codetapper)
- Quit option (default key is 'F10')
This game is the classic example of copy protection stopping the game
working on newer Amigas. The Herndon protection has self modifying code
which does not work on 68020+ CPU's.
You must have a registered version of WHDLoad to play this game! This
install will *not* work with cracked versions!
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from an A500
with tools like "GrabKick" or similar which can be found on Aminet. If the
image is the wrong version or altered in any way, WHDLoad will quit with an
appropriate error message.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on Aminet.
Thanks to Wepl for the superb Kickstart 1.3 interface, all Action members
and the WHDLoad team!
Codetapper/Action & Psygore (04-Jan-2008)
Bug report form, full WHDLoad package and other installs:
________ ________ ________ ____ ________ ________
_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \_) \
__ ___ /___/ / /_____/\ / / / / / / /
/_//__// \___ / / /CT\/ / / / / / /
/___/ /___ / / /_____/___ /___/ /___ __
\____/ \____/ \____/ \____/ \____//__//_/
Visit the Action website for more of our productions: