2024-02-29 13:37 CET

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0004421MurdersInSpace[WHDLoad Installs Games] slavepublic2020-03-21 23:27
ReporterSCO 
Assigned ToCFOUProject InfoMurders in Space (Infogrames)
http://www.whdload.de/games/MurdersInSpace.html
 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
Summary0004421: Files version of the retroplay install crashing after shuttle intro
DescriptionMurdersInSpace_v1.2_Files_2344.lha always crashes after the intro, in emulated amiga 600 with Retroarch libretro-uae or winuae. MurdersInSpace_v1.2_Image_2344.lha does not.
Steps To ReproduceEasiest way for me was using retroarch libretro-uae core, since it only needs the bios and a WHDLoad.prefs file on its system/bios dir. I did have to edit that file to change the coredump location to 'WHDLoadSave:' for it to be persistent.

Then load the core and load the lha, select language and wait until the shuttle docks and the next screen tries to load - crash.
Additional Information
************************* 21-Mar-20 19:29:40 ************************18.5.5948***
Slave='MurdersInSpaceFiles.slave' (3604 bytes)
Resload 9A8890 - 9AEEF4 ( 26212) at 9A8890 GL=$9F6530
Slave 9FE3F0 - 9FF1E0 ( 3568) at 9FE3F0 BaseMemSize=$7A000
ExpMem 9AF000 - 9F6000 ( 290816) at 9AF000
attn=200(UAE,00) fc=-1 kn=0 cs=19C8 rw=1 zpt=-1 ep=0 ei=0
setcpu=3B3D(SS,BC,SB,DC,IC,SCB,ECB,BNC)

Exception "Address Error" ($F00C) PC = $9FED52 (Task 'exec.library', Slave
$962) Read from $1FD09

$009fed1a move.l ($c6),a0
$009fed20 bra.w $9fed24
$009fed24 move.l a2,($c6)
$009fed2a move.l (4,a7),a2 ;$009f03d0
$009fed2e pea (a2) ;$0001dc80
$009fed30 move.l ($9fed44,pc),a2
$009fed34 jsr (a2) ;$0001dc80
$009fed36 move.l ($c6),a2
$009fed3c adda.l #4,a7
$009fed42 rts
$009fed44 ori.b #??$d6,d1
$009fed48 movem.l d3-d4/a3-a4,-(a7) ;$009f03cc
$009fed4c lea ($9ff12e,pc),a4
$009fed50 move.l (a3),(a4) ;$0001fd09 $009ff12e
$009fed52 move.l (4,a3),(4,a4) ;$0001fd0d $009ff132
$009fed58 move.l (8,a3),(8,a4) ;$0001fd11 $009ff136
$009fed5e move.l a1,a3
$009fed60 move.l ($9ff12e,pc),d4
$009fed64 move.l ($9ff13c,pc),d3
$009fed68 cmp.l d3,d4
$009fed6a beq.w $9fed72
$009fed6e bsr.w $9fee92
$009fed72 bsr.w $9fed7c
$009fed76 movem.l (a7)+,d3-d4/a3-a4 ;$009f03cc
$009fed7a rts
$009fed7c move.l (4),a6
$009fed82 movem.l d0-d7/a0-a6,-(a7) ;$009f03cc
$009fed86 move.l a1,a5
$009fed88 move.l ($9ff12e,pc),d6

exception stackframe:
$009F5FF2 00110001 FD092893 0000009F ED52
regular stack:
$009F03CC 00000201 00000000 0001FD09 00022F76 0001AE76 FFFFFFFF D7D7D7D7 0001A3AC
$009F03EC 009F3AF8 009F0400 0001A0CE 00000008 00062240 009F0432 00014912 00000001
$009F040C 00000002 D5D5D5D5 0001DC8C 009D76EE 00490006 466E0000 00010000 05680001
$009F042C 5E3A0000 0056009F 04460000 8B540000 8B6A0006 22400001 FD00009F 04520000
$009F044C 8ABC0000 0000009F 04760000 74800001 00000000 D5D5D5D5 FFFFFFFF 000057D8

  ----0---- ----1---- ----2---- ----3---- ----4---- ----5---- ----6---- ----7----
Dx 8 1A08C 4 201 0 D5D50008 FFFFFFFF D7D7D7D7
Ax 9F3AF8 9F3AF8 1DC80 1FD09 9FF12E 9F03F0 9EF276

                 TTSM III XNZVC
PC= 9FED52 SR %0000000000000000 USP=9F03CC SSP=9F5FF2

         MEDRAAAABVCPSDT YZ PMRCBSDAAAA
intena=%0110000001101100 dmacon=%0000011111110000 adkcon=$1100
intreq=%0000000010000000
vposr....A000 vhposr...1C36 joy0dat..14E4 joy1dat..0000 clxdat...81FE
pot0dat..0000 pot1dat..0000 potinp...5500 serdatr..2000 dskbytr..2000
deniseid.FFFC hhposr...0000
   ciaa: PI ROPS ciab: PI ROPS
    cra=00000000 ta=21FF<21FF cra=00000001 ta=17AC<19FF
        AII ROPS AII ROPS
    crb=00001000 tb=C87F<FFFF crb=10000000 tb=FFFF<FFFF
        10RTWCLO parallel DRCCDSOY M3210HDS
    pra=11111100 prb=11111111 pra=00000111 prb=11111111
       ddra=00000011 ddrb=00000000 ddra=11000000 ddrb=11111111
       event=00066E icr=00 sdr=7E event=00001A icr=00 sdr=00
TagsNo tags attached.
MachineA600
CPU68000
CPUSpeed50
ChipSetAGA
GFXCardNone
ChipMem2 MB
FastMem0 MB
WorkbenchOS 3.1
KickROM40 - Kick 3.1
KickSoftNone
WHDLoad18.5
imported
Attached Files

-Relationships
+Relationships

-Notes

note ~0007940

SCO (reporter)

I'll note that i'm not certain what the cpu speed was, likely the default for amiga 600 or amiga 500, since i didn't change and couldn't see a way to quantify it on either winuae or libretro-uae.

note ~0007941

SCO (reporter)

If this is caused by user error of trying to use a extracted lha that is not a image but files on a native host for emulation, feel free to close this. It came to mind it could be that.

note ~0007943

CFOU (developer)

Last edited: 2020-03-21 22:50

View 2 revisions

confirmed on 68000 with extracted files version.

try disk images version, it's working on 68000

but i will try to fix it tommorow ;)

note ~0007944

CFOU (developer)

thanks fo info.
fixed with v1.3 soon released
+Notes

-Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2020-03-21 20:47 SCO New Issue
2020-03-21 20:50 SCO Note Added: 0007940
2020-03-21 20:53 SCO Note Added: 0007941
2020-03-21 22:44 CFOU Assigned To => CFOU
2020-03-21 22:44 CFOU Status new => assigned
2020-03-21 22:49 CFOU Note Added: 0007943
2020-03-21 22:50 CFOU Note Edited: 0007943 View Revisions
2020-03-21 23:27 CFOU Status assigned => closed
2020-03-21 23:27 CFOU Resolution open => fixed
2020-03-21 23:27 CFOU Note Added: 0007944
+Issue History