THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Megademo" © 1989 Phenomena.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed demo requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+0.9 MB for preload).
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD (real files!)
- Decrunchers (ByteKiller) relocated to fast memory and error check added
- All OS stuff patched
- Illegal copperlist entries fixed (x1207)
- Byte write to VPOSW fixed
- Out of bounds blit fixed
- Blitter waits added (x30, skipped on 68000)
- Blitter wait patches can be forced on 68000 with CUSTOM1=1
- Bplcon0 color bit fixes (x9)
- DMA wait in replayer fixed (x11)
- Byte write to volume register in replayer fixed (x14)
- Self-modifying code fixed
- Interrupts fixed
- ROM access fixed (caused crash in part 8)
- Timing fixed
- NewIcon (created by me)
- Source code included as usual
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'F10')
Classic Megademo with a lot of parts which are still quite enjoyable.
There's a fair bit of bragging too which I always found entertaining.
Patching it took me a few hours as there are lots of parts but the code
is generally quite OK. The demo crashed in part 8 ("Lost in Space") on
machines without Kickstart 1.2 as a direct ROM jump was used to acknowledge
the vertical blank interrupt. In the end part a ROM read was used for
generating the random numbers. A few blitter waits had to be added as well,
these patches are only installed on machines with a 68010 or better CPU,
if you want to force the blitter wait patches on 68000 you can use
CUSTOM1=1. All parts are crunched with ByteKiller, I have relocated
all decrunchers and added an error check, if decrunching fails WHDLoad
will quit with an appropriate error message.
The demo can be downloaded here:
Enjoy this classic from HD, they don't make 'em like this anymore...
Greetings to all in Scarab and Scoopex, the WHDLoad team, PMC,
Musashi5150, Skan, Slummy, Loaderror, Frequent, Wayne Kerr, Mr.Spiv,
Alpha One, CFou!, Paradroid and all the other usual suspects. :)
Special greetings to all Golf MK1 fans worldwide except those
lowlifes who "borrowed" my MK1 for a joyride!
Extra greetings to the usual suspects on #amigascne, see you all at
Revision 2014! :)
version 1.00 (13.03.2016):
- byte write to VPOSW fixed
- some wrong blitter wait patches corrected
- some more blitter waits added
- some more Bplcon0 color bit fixes
- out of bounds blit fixed
- lots of illegal copperlist entries fixed
- some more byte writes to volume register fixed
version 1.00 (16.09.2013) done by StingRay:
- initial release
- source code included
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: