THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Blockout" © 1989 California Dreams.
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.0 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
v1.4 (23.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- fixed trashed fonts in hiscore section (issue #0004543)
- reworked readme file
v1.3 (20.04.2020) done by JOTD:
- reassembled with new kickemu, using kickfs, removes 68020+ restriction (issue #0004526)
- source code included
v1.2 done by JOTD:
- fixed setup write bug and OS swap avoided (thanks Juergen for bug report)
v1.1 done by JOTD:
- recompiled with newer KickEmu. Now correct date is displayed in scores
v1.0 (2001) done by JOTD:
- first release
- Runs now properly from HD using WHDLoad/KickEmu/KickDOS
- Manual protection removed
- Full use of fast memory
- Font fix (KickEmu bug?) to avoid corruption in hiscore section
- Quit key (F10, or configurable with QUITKEY) anytime
- Convenient install script
- Nice icons by Frank & Chris
- Docfile included
- Hiscore/prefs save (as in DOS release)
- Yes, the game originally runs from HD/DOS, but the screen may be shifted depending
on the config, and can disappear too. It also crashes on exit. And there's a manual
protection. So a fix was needed.
- Thanks to Carlo for providing the original disk image.
- Original quit option is still available
- Runs OK with JST (even if more OS swaps)
Thanks to Bert Jahn for writing kickemu.s kickstart interface system.