THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Colonel's Bequest" © 1989 Sierra.
Thanks to so many ppl for disk images. Working disk images (a so-called crack)
are available on Back2Roots website
This install requires WHDLoad to be in the path. It can be found in the
The installed program requires 0.5 MB ChipMem and 1.5 MB OtherMem.
It can be quit by pressing num '*' (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
The game requires an installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts" and
must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a A500 with
tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will quit with
an appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the same
directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, NOVBRMOVE, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to:
version 2.2 (26.06.2016)
- 68000/68010 compatible
version 2.1 (17.01.05)
- access fault fixed in introduction
- no more ugly blue amiga shell window on startup
version 2.0 (15.01.05)
- now uses files instead of diskimages (insert disk x bug reported)
- you have to reinstall the game from floppies (from installed diskimages: will work too)
version 1.1 (28.06.03)
- Kixx version supported (thanks Xavier for the disk)
version 1.0 (22.06.03) done by JOTD:
- initial release
- manual protection removed (not exactly a piece of cake)
- fixed for fast memory (access fault in sound driver fixed)
- original quit option quits to WB
- save to HD, in file disk.6 (select DF3: as save directory)
- solution included
- source code included
- to reuse your old savegame disk, copy its contents
in the game "data/save" directory