Short : HD-Installer for Explora/Chrono Quest
Type : game/patch
Author : Psygore (email@example.com)
That install applies to "Explora" © 1988 Infomedia
and "Chrono Quest" © 1988 Psygnosis
(registered users only)
- WHDLoad 16+
- 512 Kb ChipMem and 256 Kb memory for the kickstart 1.3
(+1.8 Mb OtherMem for preload option)
- An installed A500 Kickstart 1.3 image.
Version 1.4 (14.04.2008) by Psygore:
- Random freeze in credit intro removed
- BoxIcon (http://hol.abime.net) added
Version 1.3 (05.03.2008) by Psygore:
- Support another version (thanks to dlfrsilver)
- Slave reassembled with the latest KickEmu
- New install script
Version 1.2 (21.03.2003) by Psygore:
- Supports Chrono Quest german version
Version 1.1 (25.12.2002) by Psygore:
- Supports Chrono Quest
- Chrono Quest icons (created by me) and Exoticon included
Version 1.0 (03.11.2002) by Psygore:
- Nice Color/NewIcon (created by Frank) included
- Uses KickEmu (written by Wepl)
- Manual protection removed
- Mouse pointer speedup
- Saves position game (explora.data)
- Quit with F10
- Frank for Explora disk and for his icons.
- Christian Sauer for Chrono Quest (english & german) disks.
Chrono Quest is the english version of Explora (french). It is published by
Psygnosis. There is some differences like title screen design and there is
music created by David Whittaker. You can listen them with Delitracker or
Eagleplayer, it's the file "trcode" in data dir.
If you have not yet registered WHDLoad, this patch will NOT work.
The kickstart image must be located in the directory "Devs:Kickstarts"
and must be named "kick34005.A500". The image can be extracted from a
A500 with tools like 'GrabKick' or similar which can be found on aminet.
If the image is of wrong version or altered in any way WHDLoad will
quit with a appropriate requester.
Additionally the file "kick34005.A500.RTB" must be installed in the
same directory as the kickstart image. It can be found in the archive
"util/boot/skick346.lha" on aminet.
If you have problems with this installation please report them via the
Bug-Report-Form which can be accessed via
or via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
for full WHDLoad package and other installs refer to:
--- (_ __¬) __) \ ¬) ___) ¬) __¬)¬__) ---
-- / _/__¬\ / / /_¬\ --/ _ / __) --
- (__/(_____) /(_____) /_/ \(_____) -
(___/ \__/ \__)in 04.2008