THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO USE, RESULTS AND
PERFORMANCE OF THE PACKAGE IS ASSUMED BY YOU AND IF THE PACKAGE SHOULD PROVE
TO BE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING,
REPAIR OR OTHER REMEDIATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, CAN THE AUTHOR BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE
CAUSED IN ANY USUAL, SPECIAL, OR ACCIDENTAL WAY, ALSO IF THE OWNER OR A THIRD
PARTY HAS BEEN POINTED AT SUCH POSSIBILITIES OF DAMAGE.
This install applies to "Hunter" © 1991 Activision.
This install requires WHDLoad and RawDIC to be in the path.
These programs can be found in the WHDLoad package.
To install from a different drive than DF0: select installation mode Expert.
The installed game requires 0.5 MB ChipMem (+0.9 MB for preload)
It can be quit by pressing F10 (key can be changed with Tooltype "QuitKey=").
- Full load from HD
- Protection removed (MFM, encryption)
- 3 versions supported (English, German, French)
- Self-modifying code fixed
- Runs in fast memory
- movep instruction emulated
- Automatic save disk creation
- DMA waits in sample and music player fixed (x4)
- Source code included
- Quit option that works on 68000 machines (default key is 'F10')
Notes by Harry:
Fixed: Game encryption used many kind of 68000-only programming. Rewritten
Some dbf-delays replaced.
Default quitkey is numerical *. Change it with the QUITKEY-tooltype.
Known bug: Demo doesnt work correctly. I tried already 6 h to fix it,
but couldnt manage it. Its simply that all events are
recorded timedependend, and on faster cpus the playing speed
Note: Dont forget to 'format' your game position file on hd before the first
save of a position.
Notes by StingRay for V1.30:
Here is the updated patch for this great game. I have coded a RawDIC imager
(which was fun to do) and also made an imager for the save disk so you can
now install your save disk too if you wish. If no save disk exists it will
now be created by the patch.
If you have already installed the old patch by Harry you only need to replace
the slave file, I have kept the disk format compatible with Harry's
old "The Patcher" imager!
The game had graphics problems on fast machines, this was caused by
self-modifying code in the drawing routine which I have fixed. The game now
runs with enabled caches. Additionally I have also replaced the movep
instruction used in the decrypter with 68060 compatible instructions.
I didn't fix the demo mode but may do so in a later update as I have a few
ideas how to make it run properly on all machines.
The demo also has poor framerate. Actual game has a good framerate, so it's cool.
version 2.0-C (19.11.2022) done by JOTD:
- fixed non-selectable objects in logbook (issue #0005871). You need to update ".reloc" files
version 2.0-B (11.11.2022) done by JOTD:
- fixed crash when saving game (issue #0005861). You need to update ".reloc" files
(slave date changes but that not important, .reloc files are)
version 2.0 (05.11.2022) done by JOTD:
- relocated program in fastmem for better framerate (all 3 versions supported)
- fixed crash in demo (wrong timing delay patch)
version 1.30 (10.10.2018) done by StingRay:
- RawDIC imager
- self-modifying code fixed, no more graphics problems on fast machines
- movep instruction in decrypter removed and emulated
- if no save disk exists the patch now creates it
- default quitkey changed to F10
- ReadMe reworked
- new install script, option to install save disk
- source code included
previous versions done by Harry in July 1998/August 2000.
If you have problems with this installation please try and get a newer
version of this package from the WHDLoad WWW-Page. If that doesn't help try
some Tooltypes like NOCACHE, NOAUTOVEC, EXPCHIP, NOMMU, PAL or NTSC. If
that also fails, please inform the author via the Bug-Report-Form which
can be accessed on the WHDLoad WWW-Page.
For the full WHDLoad package, other installs and updates refer to: